$1,000 SIGNING BONUS!* The West Suburban Y is looking for a creative, enthusiastic and reliable individual to join our team as a full time EEC Certified Lead Teacher!
Preschool is open from 7 am to 6 pm Monday - Friday. The WSY Preschool is open year-round.
Hourly range is from $17.50- $25.00, depending on certification, education and experience.
- Restrictions apply to signing bonus.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Provides direction for the children in the classroom, and implements program curriculum. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
1. 3 credits in Child Development coursework, plus 9 credits in three different categories of study within Early Childhood Education.
2. Minimum 9 months of previous experience if you hold a Bachelor’s degree in related field
a. Or minimum of 18 months of previous experience if you have an Associate’s degree in related field or Bachelor’s degree in unrelated field
b. Or minimum of 27 months of previous experience if you have an EEC certificate or an Associate’s degree in an unrelated field.
c. Or 36 months of previous experience if you have a high school diploma.
3. Child CPR, First Aid, AED certifications obtained within 30 days of hire date.
4. EEC Lead Teacher Certification.
5. Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate
6. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
7. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
8. Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
9. Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships
with people from different backgrounds.
10. Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
1. Design and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum to meet the needs of all children.
2. Nurtures children through purposeful programming dedicated to building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
3. Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities including ADA accommodations where appropriate. Follows all procedures and standards.
4. Model early childhood best practices and positive classroom management techniques.
5. Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
6. Cultivates positive relationships, conducts parent conferences, and maintains effective communication with parents. Engages parents as volunteers and connects them to the YMCA.
7. Maintains program site and equipment.
8. Conduct child assessments and report outcomes to families.
9. Maintains required program records.
10. Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
11. Plans and implements program activities that is culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
12. Adheres to YMCA and state (Early Education & Care, EEC) standards including safety and cleanliness.
13. Attends staff meetings and trainings.
14. Follows YMCA and EEC policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
15. Maintains positive relations with parents and other staff. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
EEC Lead Teacher Certification
CPR & First Aid Certification
Required online trainings prior to first shift.
The WSYMCA rewards dedicated employees by offering a competitive benefits package that includes paid vacation & holidays, group health with vision & drug prescription, dental & life insurance, paid retirement once vested, YMCA membership, access to child care services, tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities.
The West Suburban YMCA is a charitable organization that welcomes all by creating a community that hires individuals of any age, race, gender, religion, heritage, economic circumstance, or physical ability. We focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility to ensure all children, adults and families are healthy, confident and connected.
- After completing the application process, you will have the opportunity to complete your Talent Profile by our joining our Talent Community!