Our company is a turnkey electronics systems design and integration firm specializing in system integration, home automation including, surveillance, security integration, networking, climatecontrol,lighting control, motorized shades, distributed audio and video for projects ranging from a simple media room to a fully automated home. We are seeking a COO to assist us in deliveringworld-class service to our clients.
The position requires communication with a broad range of clients, partners, as well asAVX staff. This communication varies from routine professional conversations to challenging discussions.
The COO is expected to be available during normal business, howeverspecial situations can arise where the COO is needed outside of normal operating hoursto complete a project.
Duties include but are not limited to
- General Management, Operations Management, Administrative Management
- Ensure profitability meets or exceeds company goals
- Ensure project profitability meets or exceeds budget set at time of sale
- Ensure all projects maintain high standard of quality and customer service
- Attendance on job sites for, but not limited to, site status meetings, construction overview, project requirements and quality control review
- Work with technicians to evaluate and enhance the skills of their AV discipline, ensure adherence to installation and quality standards, enhance their interpersonal and customer service skills required to provide exceptional experiences
- Updateexpectations and schedule with the CEO
- Assist in the evaluation of subcontract labor and utilization
- Oversee and approve all expenses for the business including, but not limited to, department purchases, sales expenses and time cards
- Identify and solve issues that will optimize the service call or projects
- Monitor bids, selection, and work flow
- Sales Support
Qualifications Education, Certification and/or Experience
- Associates degree from two-year college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; Degree in electronics, computer science, audio or technology a plus
- Should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in residential project management and electronic systems installation with the ability to visualize the sequence of work and convert it to a measurable plan and schedule
- Minimum of 4 years of experience programming, configuring AV components in commercial and/or residential environment
- Minimum 4 years’ experience supervising teams of 10+ employees
- Experiencewith Crestron, Control 4, Savant, Lutronis a bonus
- Ability to perform calculations, analyze reports and engage in strategic and create problem solving
- Ability to delegate and direct the work of others while creating a positive environment
- Superior communication skills, able to communicate effectively in person, through email, via phone or text to varied audiences
- Proficient at the use of a computer and software tools
- Familiarity with standard construction documents and project management processes
*The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and to handle other office equipment
- Stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl for extended periods of time
- Occasionally required to climb or balance
- Ability to regularly lift and transport up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and or transport moderately heavy equipment up to 50 pounds
- Hearing and vision within normal range
**Drug testing requiredupon job offer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 4 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 5 years (Required)
- Sales Support: 5 years (Required)
- Los Angeles, CA (Required)