The Heritage Shores Club in Bridgeville, Delaware is looking for a dynamic leader to join the team at a growing facility. Heritage Shores is a community style golf course that is ranked in the top of the state for both the golf course and wedding venue year after year. The property is going through a resurgence with new leadership and the new direction of Billy Casper Golf. There are endless opportunities to grow with the Club and with the company. The ideal candidate will be sales driven and detailed oriented. The candidate must have a knowledge of wedding and banquet planning and know their role in the clients “special day”. This position is available immediately and offers a great work environment, benefits and a competitive salary for the qualified candidate.
Qualifications, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Rigorous sales experience (3-5 years minimum) in catering sales, preferably in a club setting, and a proven track record of selling weddings and banquets.
- Superior sales skills in prospecting, communication, and closing.
- Present a professional appearance with a pleasant and mature demeanor.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be highly organized, efficient and detail oriented.
- Must have excellent interpersonal/relationship skills.
- Must be comfortable in the use of CRM/sales automation systems (i.e., salesforce.com)
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- A four-year college degree preferred, but not required
- Achieve sales/profit goals of the Club’s catering/events operation.
- Help develop catering sales budgets and marketing plans.
- Develop and implement programs and activities that increase and retain events in the Club, including, but not limited to, telephone sales campaigns, direct marketing campaigns, networking events, open house events, and the like.
- Utilize salesforce.com daily to build and maintain an events prospect database, track all communications and activities with those prospects, and record all sales made.
- Respond to prospect inquiries, conduct tours and meetings for prospective events, and sell events.
- Oversee the development/preparation of contracts for all events.
- Helps prospects (including Members) plan special events including menus, entertainment, theme, decorations and other aspects.
- Recommend refinements for catered events to include floral arrangements, table settings and room appointments; recommend the purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Work with the Club’s General Manager and Executive Chef to determine selling prices and menus for catered events.
- Works with banquet manager and banquet captain to execute all events to a high standard.
- Schedule all banquet event functions, prices and prepares event proposals, collects signed contracts and deposits.
- Transmit the necessary information about all events to the appropriate support staff.
- Ensure smooth execution of events by inspecting finished arrangements and collaborating with appropriate department heads.
- Plan and coordinate details of catered events to include determining specifications and quantities of goods to order, determining manpower levels, recommending personnel assignments, scheduling space and facilities, and communicating menu information to production staff.
- Ensure that arrangements are made to set up rooms, provide service and clean areas after events.
- Develop, implement and monitor standards of service and coordinate catering activities to ensure that a high quality of production and service is consistently maintained
- Regularly evaluate services and determine means by which to upgrade quality of catered events.
- Attend important events to foster relationships that are important to generate event referrals and other club business opportunities.
- Participates in outside activities that are judged appropriate by the General Manager and/or BCG regional team to enhance the presence of the property in the local community.
- Work with the Club’s GM and BCG regional team to create sales materials/collaterals.
- Participate in BCG monthly sales calls and/or meetings and the annual BCG sales meeting.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Club’s General Manager.
- Use of sight, reading, wrist movement to operate a computer, phone, or other documents.
- Physical activity including long periods of standing, bending, and lifting an average of 35 lbs.
- Work extended hours during golf season.
- Work weekends and holidays.
- Travel locally to carry out assigned responsibilities and nationally as needed
Job Type: Full-time