Full Job Description
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
1. Documentation of assessments, MDS, IDCP.
2. Program planning- design, coordinate, schedule (activities calendar, work schedule, entertainers, volunteers, etc.)
3. Departmental- budget, supplies, staff issues/meetings, staff evaluations, in-service.
4. QA- P&P, audits of documentation, program evaluations, Res. council, surveys.
5. Interdepartmental- staff appreciation/involvement, assist/support other departments.
6. Volunteers- supervise, assist liaison to Family Circle, recognition, and coordinate volunteers for activities.
7. Meetings- Care Plan/IDCP, QA, in-services/educational customer service comm., Department head.
Bachelor Degree in Recreation Therapy
Licensed Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant or Ceritied Activity Professional
Minimum of 2 years’ experience is a geriatric sub-acute setting