The Plant Controller is responsible for business partnerships with Plant Leadership and managing the financial target. The Controller serves as a member of the Senior Management Team.
- Key financial business partner to plant leadership;
- Support implementation and design of new ERP program;
- Providing an accurate and timely month end accounting close;
- Ensuring proper reconciliations of plant balance sheet accounts;
- Prepare reports which summarize and forecast/annual budget business activity;
- Preparation of meaningful financial reporting, analysis and provides management with timely reviews of operation’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Direct management of plant finance team
- Develop and modify accounting procedures to ensure accuracy and timeliness in the month-end close as well as the month-end reconciliation of the balance sheet.
- Ensure plant policies and procedures are in place and consistent with corporate guidelines.
- Administer internal control procedures and audits to provide reasonable assurance to management that transactions are properly authorized and recorded, that assets are properly controlled and accounted for and the business reputation and integrity of the Company are safeguarded.
- Responsible for identifying, correcting and communicating any breakdowns in the control environment.
- Educate plant on importance of an appropriate control environment.
- Provide timely, accurate and meaningful reporting and analysis or results with the focus on delivering insights toward cost drivers within the business.
- Perform trend analysis and provide Operations/Sales information on potential financial risks or opportunities.
- Support Operations/Sales in the development and publication of financial Key Performance Indicators.
- Support ad hoc requests for cost estimate of new products/processes.
- Responsible for coordinating the annual and quarterly planning process for plant labor, overhead, product costing and inventory position.
- Enhance planning processes, templates and procedures for plant.
- Support periodic forecasting activities to re-align expectations based on trends and changes in the business outlook.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and be willing to take on new roles as needed. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with public accounting experience;
- Minimum 5 years of plant accountant/controller experience in a manufacturing environment.
- ERP Systems experience.(Microsoft Dynamics preferred);
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and related software programs;
- Microsoft Excel proficiency required;
- Technologically savvy and able to demonstrate competence in a variety of technological platforms and processes;
- Ability to communicate in a clear, friendly, professional and proactive manner;
- Be creative, flexible, and able to drive/guide change;
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-entity, and multi-cultural environment; and
- Strong leadership, management, and people skills.
This job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. The successful applicant may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Cost Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)