- Expertise with at least one rapid development tool (e.g. Articulate Storyline)
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in Instructional Design, Education Technology, or related field
- 4-5 years of work experience with solid career progression in the field of instructional design, including significant experience in designing e-learning solutions to large organizations
- Experience scoping, leading, and delivering moderately complex projects
- Ability to experiment and be creative, flexible, and innovative in course design
- Ability to partner with subject matter experts and interpret customer needs
- Proven experience designing and developing eLearning training with meaningful metrics in short timeframe (portfolio to be submitted on request)
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects using diplomatic and collaborative approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong follow-up skills
Come build learning experiences for the next generation of leadership talent across Amazon’s global Consumer Retail organization!
Amazon’s Global Retail Training team is seeking an experienced eLearning Developer or Instructional Designer to support global Consumer business training. This is an opportunity to develop some of Amazon’s most popular and impactful trainings, and learn about Amazon's businesses across the globe.
Interested in furthering your design skills? This role will rapidly produce content via eLearning and simulations; build tool kits, job aids; create engaging video; and source and employ innovative methods of delivery. This role is primarily a product development role with the potential to grow into content ownership. This role will also help drive team projects to improve our team infrastructure and capabilities – you will take initiative to understand critical business needs, analyze issues, and collaborate with stakeholders to develop scalable solutions.
The candidate should be familiar with adult learning theory, and be creative, analytical, and customer-obsessed. They must be willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done while insisting on the highest standards and measuring the impact of the learning experiences they build.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of:
- Demonstrating Judgment. Take different perspectives and business needs, develop a solution that works, move the ball forward. Be able to support your opinions with sound reasoning grounded in the business.
- Resourcefulness. If you don’t know it, that’s ok. But you should know where to go for the answer or how to find out.
- Having Bias for Action and Navigating Ambiguity. Sometimes it is not clear how we are going to get there. Can you help carve a path? How fast can you do it? What are the tradeoffs? Take risks and be willing to try new things, fail fast and iterate.
- Consulting. Utilize past experience, deep knowledge of processes and policies, and knowing what’s going on across our organization to create custom solutions and localize as needed.
- Program management. Build plans with clear objectives, milestones, stakeholders, and metrics. Sometimes it is not clear how we are going to get to the goal - can you help carve a path?
- Innovation. Appreciate what exists, identify why it works. Then rebuild it or build something totally different that derives even MORE value.
- Thinking big. How do we build it bigger, better, faster? What aren’t we thinking of?
- Building relationships. Partner with PM content team, global stakeholders, and central teams. Share best practices, partner on solutions, and move the organizations forward together.
- Communicating. Share your ideas, listen to others, follow-up, and follow-up again.
- Teaching. You are the expert in this space. Share what’s in your head. Create training, deliver it, and teach others how to do it. Scale you.
- Consult with SMEs and Content PMs to create/revise storyboards, audio/video scripts, job aids/infographics, scenarios, online course content, and learning assessments using sound instructional theory.
- Gather requirements from stakeholders, assess scope and timeline, and prioritize features. Determine tradeoffs between schedule, resources, and scope in order to deliver on project.
- Create engaging knowledge-checks, simulations, and assessments based on learning and performance objectives.
- Build with a mindset for continuous improvement (measurement), global rollout (localization, translation), and scalability (maintenance).
- Identify and evaluate potential risks/obstacles with minimal direction from senior program managers. Determine appropriate corrective action.
- Ideate and experiment to offer groundbreaking, innovative, best-in-class training.
- Manage complex relationships with global stakeholders in an environment with short deadlines and high business impact.
- Maintain and develop course templates, models, standards and procedures.
- This role does not involve ILT facilitation.
- Training in design, psychology, and/or data science
- Knowledge of accessibility best-practices in course design and development
- Familiarity in the use of a large-scale LMS (e.g., Cornerstone) to host content
- Demonstrated proficiency using many of these or comparable technologies: Camtasia, Vyond, LMS administration, XML, Muse, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in social-collaborative learning methodologies