Position Type Permanent Staff (EHRA NF)
Department Carolina Latinx Center-526000
Working Title Carolina Latinx Center Program Manager
Appointment Type EHRA Non-Faculty
Position Posting Category Academic Administration
Full Time/Part Time? Full-Time Permanent
Hours per Week 40
Vacancy ID NF0004238
Position ID 20035627
Posting Open Date 01/17/2020
Application Deadline 01/31/2020
Open Until Filled No
Proposed Start Date 02/18/2020
Primary Purpose of Organizational Unit
The Carolina Latinx Center (CLC) supports UNC-Chapel Hill’s Latinx communities and educates the campus and beyond through engagement, scholarship, cultural awareness, and public service.
The Carolina Latinx Center provides students, faculty and staff the opportunity to explore Latinx cultures, histories and tradition and to use that understanding to work across racial and ethnic communities in North Carolina and the world. For faculty, staff and students who are engaged in research, teaching and/or service related to Latinx communities and issues, the CLC connects them both with one another and with community partners.
The CLC Program Manager (CLC-PM) fulfils an important part of the CLC’s mission of bridging the richness of Latinx communities with the strengths of UNC-CH in research, teaching, and service. The Program Manager is responsible for the planning, implementing, evaluating and management of some of the Center’s key programs including: Latinx Heritage Month Celebration, Exitos, UndocuCarolina Trainings among others to be developed. Plays a key role in developing new programs and collaborations.
Relevant post-Baccalaureate degree required; for candidates demonstrating comparable independent educational or instructional activities related to the delivery of student advising and counseling or student personnel services, will accept a relevant undergraduate degree and 3 or more years of relevant experience in substitution. Preference will be given to those with a Master’s degree.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with university/community engagement, including learning, scholarship and service
- Knowledge and experience in program planning, management and evaluation
- Ability to work evenings and weekend hours
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as attention to detail and demonstrated experience working as an effective team member
- Demonstrated ability to work with students, faculty, staff and administrators
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people and organizations and keep leadership and staff well informed of projects progress and changes
Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Quick Link http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/175731