National Express is in the people business, providing the safest, highest-quality transportation services for our students and customers in the communities we serve. As a leader in student transportation and transit, National Express is committed to exceptional safety, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. Headquartered in Lisle, IL, our North American companies—Durham School Services, Stock Transportation, Petermann Bus and National Express Transit Corporation—operate more than 30,000 buses, and serve 550 clients in 39 states and four provinces.
The Communications Specialist role is multifaceted, with a focus on social media and internal/external communications. From maintaining an engaging, consistent voice for our team members and customers, to proactively elevating our brands, to providing creative ideas for content and innovative use of current and new channels, the communications specialist plays an integral role in the branding of our company.
Social Media Responsibilities:
- Draft original content for various channels—specifically Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Proactive elevation of brands with use of social media
- Determine a strategy for increasing social media followers/visitors and execute plans
- Maintain and build on social media channels
- Timely reactive response to questions/concerns, including after hours
- Maintain internal communications (newsletters, videos, infographics, intranet, social media, etc.)
- Create/draft content and collateral for all channels
- Contribute to the internal strategy—new channels, channel improvement, initiatives
- Liaise with other departments to accomplish goals—IT, etc.
- Work with vendors to obtain pricing; participate in vendor selection
- Collect and analyze data to measure the effectiveness of communications tools
- Design/build presentation materials with multimedia enhancements
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related area of study
- 2-3 years’ experience in social media and communications
- Excellent writing skills
- Impeccable attention to detail—copyediting and proofing materials
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Creative, flexible and coachable
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Must be available after hours to ensure timely social media responses
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, video and social media platforms
- Photoshop and design software experience a plus.
National Express LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please visit http://www.nellc.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Communications: 2 years
- social media: 2 years
Required work authorization: