Assistant Store Manager
Location: Browns Mills, NJ (18 Broadway)
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
The Assistant Store Manager(s) will be responsible for the merchandising and operations of one (1) or more areas of the store. The Assistant Store Manager will oversee other areas of the store in the absence of the Store Manager or other Assistant Manager(s) or Sr. Assistant Manager (if applicable). The Assistant Manager will also have Sales Associate responsibilities.
The major job responsibilities for which the Assistant Store Manager is accountable include assisting the Store Manager and Sr. Assistant Manager (if applicable) for:
- Overseeing one or more areas/departments of the store
- Maximizing store sales and profits
- Meeting all goals (i.e. sales, credit applications, magazine sales, Club 50 memberships, shrinkage, payroll, and expenses)
- Developing a qualified, well trained staff
- Ensuring proper execution of all store operations functions and company programs
- Ensuring the highest level of Customer service and satisfaction.
- Maintaining company standards throughout the store
- Protecting all company assets
The following is a list of activities to support the accomplishment of these major responsibilities:
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ SALESMANSHIP:
- Ensure that all Customers are greeted in a prompt and friendly manner.
- Ensure that all Customer phone calls are handled in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Ensure that all associates are provided with merchandise information and effective salesmanship techniques.
- Inform Customers of advertised and promotional events to increase sales volume.
- Use merchandise knowledge to increase units per transaction.
- Solicit new accounts and promote Premium Rewards Program.
- Solicit magazine sales and Club 50 memberships.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of performance evaluations.
- Assist in the utilization of company training programs.
- Assist in addressing poor performance and administering the counseling process as necessary.
- Direct and ensure compliance with current VMi floor plans
- Direct seasonal outposts set-up.
- Direct and ensure accuracy of sales event set-up.
- Ensure compliance with signing guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with Folded Merchandise Program.
- Ensure compliance with YES merchandise.
- Direct and ensure accuracy of clearance event set-up.
- Ensure compliance of fixture usage.
- Set and enforce standards for window and interior displays.
- Ensure stock keeping maintenance is followed (including close to open policy).
- Ensure compliance with merchandise presentation standards and departmental prototypes.
- Ensure compliance with all S.A.S.S. procedures.
- Ensure P.C.A.s are completed in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner.
- Ensure damages are completed according to procedure and shipping deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with procedures for receiving, sorting, and processing freight.
- Ensure that company assets (register and safe funds, bank deposits, equipment, etc.) are protected.
- Ensure proper maintenance of store equipment and property.
- Ensure compliance with housekeeping standards.
Job Type: Full-time
- Retail Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Browns Mills, NJ (Preferred)