Attraction Attendant Employment Type: Seasonal FT, PT
Guest Experience FLSA: Non-Exempt
Guest Experience Supervisor Pay Rate: 12.00/hr
It takes a special kind of person to work for Navy Pier, an individual who knows how to be part of a team; someone with a sense of enjoyment and professionalism. Whether you’re scanning tickets, directing guests or operating an attraction, you won’t just be “doing a job.” You’ll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU this team member?
Navy Pier is the People’s Pier, Chicago’s lakefront treasure, welcoming all and offering dynamic and eclectic experiences through partnerships and programs that inspire discovery and wonder.
As an Attraction Attendant for Navy Pier Inc., you must be familiar with the procedures and proper operational techniques of the park and follow them in every relevant situation. Promote excellent guest interaction at all times and provide guests with information regarding our attractions. Your focus will be cycling guests through the attractions efficiently and safely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a courteous greeting as guests approach each attraction.
- Enforce all safety, park and department policies at all times
- Consistently demonstrates excellent guest interaction and hospitality skills.
- Monitors and enforces line jumping and smoking policies.
- Assist with pairing up of single riders and proper grouping techniques to ensure greater ride capacity.
- Assist guests on and off the attractions, physically checking safety restraints.
- Assist with downtime situations and evacuations.
- Occasionally assists other locations and areas throughout the park.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Able to communicate effectively in the English language, including the ability to read, speak and understand
- Consistent attendance and punctuality are a job requirement
- Must be able to work a minimum of three (3) days per week including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written directions from the Pier Park Management.
- Must be able to positively interact with coworkers and park guests of all ages, different ethnic/cultural backgrounds and/or languages.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work in outside weather conditions while standing for prolonged periods of time.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Great customer service experience is preferred, not required
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is required to;
While performing the duties of this job, the individual may:
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 6 hours at a time
- Must be able to walk up to 2 miles per day
- Lift up to 30lbs
- Work outside in all weather conditions, ie rain or excessive heat