Samaritan Health Services is currently recruiting for a Claims Management Specialist for our Enterprise Risk Management team.
The Claims Management Specialist is responsible for the effective management and timely resolution of insurance claims filed on behalf of or against Samaritan Health Services including potentially compensable events, realized professional and general liability claims, property claims, and other claims across the enterprise. Our Claims Management Specialists work collaboratively with insurance brokers, third party administrators, legal counsel and internal stakeholders to help coordinate early response and resolution of claims and malpractice litigation processes. This position represents the organization in direct communication with patients and their legal representation to reach fair resolution when indicated. They also manager case files, data and reports associated with claims and leverages this information to identify and communicate associated risks to the organization.
· Current unencumbered Oregon RN license or Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare or business related field with acute care risk management training or experience required.
· Five (5) years recent experience in an acute care setting and/or in a position of similar responsibility and complexity required.
· One (1) of the following required:
o CPHRM within six (6) months of meeting the eligibility requirements for certification.
o Five (5) years acute care risk management of risk financing experience
· Experience and/or training in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
· Claims management or risk financing experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $39.69 - $59.53 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance