Shift: PRN, Varies
Performs activities related to transportation of Radiology patients in an expedient and safe
manner. Assures that the CHI St. Vincent Mission, Values, Service Standards, Confidentiality,
and policies and procedures of the department and health center are followed. This
responsibility includes the appropriate utilization of the health centers resources to optimize
patient care. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission,
values, and CHI St. Vincent Service Standards.
1. Transports patients safely to and from clinical, ancillary, and support department areas
as directed by the Technologist or Radiology Nurse.
2. Assists clinical personnel in transferring patients to or from beds, chairs, wheelchairs or
stretchers. Using proper body mechanics.
3. Verifies patient identification by ID band and verbal communication before
ALL STAFF:Course Frequency
JOB REQUIRED MANDATORY TRAINING
1. Mandatory Inservice Annual
2. transporting to or from floor.
3. Ensures chart accompanies patient.
4. Accurately completes patient activity log.
5. Team participation skills as evidenced by:
A. Communication verbally and non-verbally in a concise, effective, and appropriate
manner to all hospital personnel, physicians, patients, and family/significant others.
1. Communicates with dignity and respect to all personnel, physicians, patients, and
2. Utilizes defined channels of communication to effectively resolve problems and
3. Uses locator, beeper, and Ascom phone at all times.
4. Assists in keeping noise level to a minimum.
B. Displays a positive attitude.
1. Demonstrates cooperation and support as a team member.
2. Notifies monitor tech for removal of monitor.
D. Education of patients and staff:
1. Acts as a change agent to facilitate new processes.
2. Evaluates knowledge and provides instruction.
3. Answers pager and telephone promptly and professionally.
4. Actively supports Performance Improvement program initiative by providing ongoing
peer education i.e. Customer Satisfaction, Physician Satisfaction, Co-worker
Satisfaction, and process improvement.
A. Reports occurrence to department manager.
B. Adheres to Infection Control Standards.
C. Adheres to Employee Health Standards.
D. Identifies, documents, and reports concerns where improvement will enhance
Demonstrates behavior that is supportive of cost effective patient care.
A. Sets priorities and utilizes time efficiently in order to complete work on time.
B. Ensures items used are properly charged.
C. Returns equipment used.
D. Demonstrates work habits and demeanor which contributes to the effective
functioning of the department.
1. Is responsive to staffing needs of the unit.
2. Assists in maintaining unit cleanliness.
E. Ensures that equipment is in place and ready for use.
1. Enhances professional growth and development by attending educational programs,
inservices, workshops, all mandatory inservices and unit meetings.
2. Provides safe environment of care for patients, visitors, and staff.
A. Identification of safety, infection control, and work environment hazards with prompt
resolution and/or reporting of problem.
B. Demonstrates current knowledge of:
1. Disaster Plan
2. Fire Safety
3. Universal Precautions
4. Hazardous Materials Identification
5. Electrical Safety
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL
OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS JOB. THEY ARE NOT
INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF THE RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS SO CLASSIFIED.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Previous experience desirable.
Other skills & knowledge:
(skills, knowledge, abilities)
Ability to read, write, and speak English.
Requisition ID: 2018-R0174016