If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys_attachment.do?sys_id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
CHOOSE A COMPANY THAT HAS A FUTURE.
At Ryder, our most important competitive advantage is our people. CULTURE-INTEGRITY-FAMILY.
- Competitive hourly pay plus a per vehicle sale incentive based on the center’s production, not just yours.
- Health benefits, PTO, holidays off, 401K, & employee stock purchase program...
The Vehicle Sales Rep/Coordinator is the frontline sales agent responsible for all vehicle sales (paperwork & processing) that are transacted at the given Used Truck Center. This individual must work with all functional groups within the Used Vehicle Sales organization (sales, marketing, operations, and asset management) to meet sales projections and maximize proceeds while also providing high level customer service to all clients during the sales process. You work directly with the Vehicle Sales Manager to accomplish the above information. The position comes with a structured weekly schedule.
Location - Minneapolis MN
Check out these videos!
Ryder's most recently been named a “Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation” by Women in Trucking, one of Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies,” one of “America’s Most Responsible Companies” by Newsweek.
\#LI-post #INDexempt #FB
- Sales and Marketing:Frontline Sales Representative for Vehicle Sales, in person, online and via phoneResponsible for executing the UTC’s marketing plan, this includes product selection for periodicals, trade associations, and industry specific marketing campaignsCoordinate outbound marketing efforts, including but not limited to phone calls, marketing mailers, and Thank You cards.Act as liaison between Asset Management, Rental and Lease product LinesResponsible for the overall accuracy and content of the Lead Tracker database. Accuracy of this process will measure the effectiveness of the UTC marketing efforts.Complete understanding of the used vehicle market place and local competitorsCover for the VSM at their location, as well as other locations when needed, in their absence as required by business needs.Responsible for structuring and selling all ancillary products (Finance and Extended Warranty) to meet customer needs, and fulfill Ryder’s expectations.Develop and expand relationships with existing customer base utilizing all avenues of communication and resources to ensure customer retention levels are met and exceededInstall sold signs/mark vehicles as directed
- Inventory Management:Manage overall effectiveness of the UTC website for content and data accuracy. Provide feedback for development.Accountable for all vehicle inventory movement within the UTC’s area of operations, including offsite and satellite locationsMaintain key tracking system for inventory management and vehicle securityResponsible for Vehicle quality and appearance utilizing washing, detailing, and vehicle exercise programPerform weekly yard check with required documentation from off-site locationsOccasionally drive truck within the UTC boundaries to properly align inventory
- Administrative:Managing unit files and sales recording systems including titling, licensing, and legal sale documentsManage mandatory compliance requirements, i.e. Sarbanes Oxley, Safety STAR Program and related company communications/initiativesMaintaining Cash log, collect funds accurately and timelyManage the UTC supply inventoryMaintain vehicle sales compliance with local, state, Federal and other regulating agencies
- Increase location sales by assisting with all the aspects of the sales process
- Maximize proceeds for vehicles sold by improving retail activity
- Maximize sale time by providing sales support to the VSM
- Maximize customer retention by enhancing the sales process and reaching out to new and existing customers
- Ensure the location is Sarbanes Oxley compliant in all required areas.
- Maximize productivity by maintaining a neat and orderly work environment in all areas to the UTC
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be high energy, self motivated, self directed
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Must be goal oriented with high drive for results and assertiveness, deals well with ambiguity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Proven ability to effectively work with the general public and customers
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Bachelor's degree preferred Related field, or 8 years relevant sales experience
- Four (4) years or more Sales experience required
DOT Regulated: No
Job Category: Sales Support
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Type: Full-time