Interested in working in a dynamic, fast-growing organization looking to double the size of the business in the next two years? Motivated by great product innovation and exciting sales opportunities?
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Must have sales experience working in the promo industry
- Strong network and consulting sales experience.
- Creative problem solver.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on persuasion and presentation abilities.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Competitive, high achiever who persists despite obstacles, opposition or setbacks.
Responsibilities will include:
· Achieve sales objectives primarily through sales to new Promo customers and also through sales of additional services to existing customers.
· Discover client business needs and propose appropriate product.
· Manage territory, including account planning and opportunity management.
· Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge about Vanguard’s products and services.
· Excellent service is required to ensure assigned accounts meet or exceed client satisfaction through up-selling.
· Properly forecast monthly, quarterly and annual revenue numbers for assigned territory.
· Successfully negotiate pricing. Simple math skills are essential.
· Provide feedback from field experience to sales management and marketing with regards to products, selling, and competitive matters. etc.
· Build and maintain trusting relationships with clients.
· Effectively transfer thoughts and express ideas using speech and listening skills to influence others and gain support.
Vanguard is an award-winning, integrated marketing communications agency that provides strategic solutions for Creative, Digital and Promo. We are innovative problem solvers, strategic creatives and execution experts who make a real difference for our clients. We are based in New York City with offices in NJ, CT and PA.
We offer competitive salary, plus incentive and comprehensive benefits package.
So, if you are a passionate, go-getter looking for an amazing opportunity and future career, apply today!
Excellent compensation and Benefits package
- Paid Time Off Full-time regular employees accrue PTO days and 10 Holidays
- Medical and prescription coverage benefits through Oxford Medical insurance through a nationwide network
- Dental & vision benefits through UHC insurance that covers a wide range of services, including exams, lenses, frames and contact lenses (subject to a specific co-pay or co-insurance amount)
- 401(k) Plan with T. Rowe Price with Company match and eligible after 6 months of employment VANGUARD will match 15% of your contribution (maximum 6%). That is, for every dollar you contribute to the plan (up to 6% of your compensation), you will receive a 15% match.
- $25,000 life insurance without cost to employee
- Employee health advocate to assist with claims, locating doctors, etc. for the employee
- Employee Assistance Program at no cost to employee
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) – Medical and Dependent Care Set aside money on a pre-tax basis for eligible health care and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax Transit Program through TransitChek
- New York Sports Club subsidized gym membership through an easy $21 payroll deduction
- AFLAC voluntary insurance
Vanguard Direct provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vanguard Direct complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are not currently able to sponsor visas. Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $0.00 /year
- Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- MS Excel: 3 years (Preferred)
- selling custom products and programs: 2 years (Preferred)
- MS Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- selling promotional products (cups, shirts, etc.): 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail