Central Ohio Primary Care is looking for a Support Specialist to support the Care Coordination Department in day to day operations and reporting requirements. The Support Specialist has a basic understanding of Care Management processes to support and intervene in areas allowable under the scope of practice for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Provides administrative and technical support through knowledge of operational support needs for the department. Can include but not limited to: managing phones and emails, payroll management, direct support to management staff, clerical functions.
- Provides efficient and effective communication among care management staff, clients, and all other healthcare providers (internally/externally). Follows through on assigned duties and commitments.
- Engages collaboratively with care management staff, other healthcare professionals, and external customers when performing day to day activities.
- Collects data and provides statistical information and regular updates to leadership on programs, projects and assigned audits. Supports department by performing assigned audits, entering referrals, providing organizational resource information to staff and sending discharge survey letters to patients/families.
- Efficiently and effectively manage and perform assigned tasks in a manner that supports the department and health system financially
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years case management department, patient advocacy, physician office or health insurance experience
- Strong clinical background
- Case management experience in a hospital, home health, and managed care setting a plus
- Computer literate, especially with Electronic Health Systems