Description: Produce orders by following established standard operating procedures by assisting customers to creatively design and embellish garments/apparel by embroidery or screen printing or vinyl application.
Operates sewing equipment to embroider names, monograms to decorative designs on garments, material or uniforms. Maintains equipment.
- Communicate delays or problems that might keep a specific order from being completed
- Ensure quality standards are maintained during production
- Confirm orders are accurate for quantities, placement locations and garment types
- Provide ideas and suggestions for improvement of processes; participate in efficiency evaluations as needed.
- Follow preventative maintenance procedures
- Demonstrates proper use and placement of products in embroidery hoops to hold fabric taut
- Selects correct product, product size, thread color, and monogram/embroidery file for production
- Embroider name, initials, or emblems on material or garments based on order specs
- May repair defective embroidery or fill in blanks left by embroidery machine
- Safety awareness and adherence to safety policy
- Detect defects in stitching that indicate machine malfunction and notifies supervisor immediately
- Other duties/Responsibilities as assigned
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- A great eye for detail and quality. Creativity and ability to deal often with deadlines
- Full understanding and identification of embroidered products (after training)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Dependable, friendly and flexible- CUSTOMER SERVICE skills (MUST)!!!
- Ability to multitask, able to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative
- Ability to work individually, as well as part of a team, the willingness to contribute to a team atmosphere with a professional and cheerful demeanor
- Problem-solving and decision-making ability
- The ability to keep up with fast paced production
- Computer Experience (a must)-- Microsoft Office Suite (a plus)
- Good math skills (a must)
- Embroidery knowledge/sewing knowledge (a plus)- we train
- Retail experience (a plus)- we train
- Ability to lift 20 lb boxes. Stand for long periods of time.
- Weekdays ,Weeknites and weekends- flexible schedules .PART TIME
The candidate should be an extremely strong sales person who has a friendly and outgoing personality and be willing to perform all aspects of retail sales and embroidery We are a small store with a lighthearted fun staff. We enjoy our time at work and would like the new member of our team to enjoy the time with us as well!
THIS IS NOT A SEASONAL JOB-looking for long term person. We are flexible for time schedules for students.
This job is great for a mature adult. It is a fun filled and sometimes intense environment.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $8.00 to $10.00 /hour
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good first job for someone who is just entering or re-entering the workforce with limited experience or education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift