The Optical Manager is responsible for oversight of all aspects of retail optical operations. The Manager is a Dispensing Optician with additional managerial responsibilities.
- Manages the operation of the store, supervises its optical staff, keeps the store profitable and well-organized, and ensures a pleasing experience for patients. .
- Delivers excellence as an optical sales leader
- Involved in hiring, coaching, developing and evaluating staff, in cooperation with the District Manager and the District Training Coordinator
- Oversee compliance to all regulatory standards as it relates to HIPAA and the State Boards of Optometry, Opticians. (see next)
- Protects patient confidentiality by making sure protected health information is secured by not leaving PHI in plain sight and logging off the computer before leaving it unattended.
- 3+ of experience in optical. AZLDO preferred but relevant job history will be considered.
- Able to use computer systems for sales, ordering, timekeeping, payroll and HR activities
- Analytical and math skills are needed for tracking and understanding sales metrics and other performance statistics
- An interest in fashion eyewear and an eye for style is highly desired.
- Polished customer service skills and a real ability to understand your patients’ needs
- . The ability to handle and seek to resolve customer complaints if they arise, with tact and good outcomes
- Good skills in supervising others, and mentoring them to generate customer satisfaction and sales
Nationwide Vision is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and an inclusive, accessible workplace. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. Nationwide Vision is a drug-free work place. We participate in the E-Verify program. We perform background checks that include screening against the OIG and SAM databases.
- Must be reliable and punctual in attendance to keep store hours and coverage in the store. Must be flexible for scheduling, and able to work weekends, holidays, and special sales events as required.