The Sr. Instructional Designer is responsible for partnering with subject matter experts to design dynamic and compelling instruction for delivery via live classroom and web-based media. This person is also responsible for mentoring and reviewing the work of instructional designers and for advising LPD leadership of strategies for helping SME course developers develop more effective instruction.
- Engage with the learning team and with subject-matter experts to identify performance goals. Conduct needs assessments and audience analysis to identify learning goals, appropriate instructional strategies, and determine delivery method(s).
- Apply solid instructional design skills to a variety of learning projects. Projects may be large or complex in scope. Design and develop classroom, online, or virtual instruction based on content and input from subject-matter experts. Ensure learning meets business and learner needs. Develop learning assessments and/or tools to measure learning effectiveness.
- Consult with subject-matter experts on course design & development (when SME owns the course creation). Offer guidance and insight into instructional techniques for either instructor-led or web-based training.
- Leads or actively participates on strategic projects oriented toward improving instructional effectiveness. These projects may include, but are not limited to: course evaluation strategy, instructor support strategies, innovative delivery methods, and international learning projects. Mentors instructional design staff to teach best practices in instructional design and adult learning theory. Educates internal learning team on concepts and techniques related to instructional design.
- Create project plans for design & development of learning solution. Document and communicate design decisions & strategies (e.g. design documents, training approach) to key partners within learning department or business.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (required)
- Graduate degree in instructional design or related field (preferred)
- Excellent MS Office skills including Word and PowerPoint (required)
- Instructional design expertise (required)
- Strong oral and written communication skills (required)
- Strong attention to detail (required)
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills (required)
- Multimedia design skills (preferred)
- Evaluation design and assessment development skills (preferred)
- Content knowledge in or experience working with experts in assurance, tax or consulting (preferred)
- Web-based training experience (e.g., Articulate Storyline) (preferred)
- 4+ years relevant experience (required)
- Experience in professional services industry (preferred)
- Ability to lead and direct a group of employees in areas such as planning, conducting, and supervising (preferred)
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.