GES Director of E-Commerce
General Equipment & Supply, located in Simpsonville, SC is an expanding, 32 year old company and an established leader in the remanufacturing, recycling, and fabrication of previously used construction equipment. We service accounts locally and nationwide. GES has an immediate opening for a qualified Director of E-Commerce to join our team! With a clear understanding of the our overall vision, strategy and goals, the successful candidate will be highly hands-on, entrepreneurial, thrive on collaboration, and possess a holistic and deep understanding of the elements of a profitable e-commerce operation, including site experience, merchandising, content, digital marketing and analytics, client engagement, conversion, and retention, order fulfillment and logistics, and the technical aspects of website management.
The Director of E-Commerce will actively collaborate with cross-functional partners in Manufacturing and Operations to optimize processes and provide insights that will drive sales across all channels of the business. With full P&L accountability, the Director of E-Commerce must have a business owner’s mindset, continuously seeking out initiatives that will increase sales and further the Company’s overall strategic direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Achieve sales and margin targets by implementing technical and non-technical strategies and initiatives that will drive traffic, conversion, retention, revenue, and profitability.
- Meet financial objectives through annual budget preparation, ongoing forecasting, and results analysis.
- Oversee digital marketing strategy for owned, earned, and paid channels (e.g., web, email, affiliate, display, and search).
- Plan and manage digital marketing budget, continuously evaluating, and improving return on investment. Use data analytics to track performance to goals and benchmarks and identify opportunities for business development across segments of the Company.
- Partner with Marketing and Content teams to develop, implement, and/or optimize effective online campaigns, digital marketing, and social media strategies that drive traffic, increase conversion, and expand sales both online and in-store.
- Maintain effective lines of communication with IT, Manufacturing, and Operations teams to ensure brand and messaging alignment.
- Execute the company’s CRM strategy on digital platforms, leveraging data to drive sales and improve the online customer experience.
- Drive site personalization and segmentation strategy to create a relevant, value-added, personal, and engaging customer experience.
- Oversee and work to continuously improve customer-focused services, including customer service, inventory management, order fulfillment, and distribution. Ensure customer service team delivers a quality service experience consistent with the high standards set in existing retail locations.
- Ensure online merchandising is supported by best in class features in the areas of navigation, internal search, product set-up, and activation.
- Oversee day-to-day management of the website, including trouble shooting any errors, responsive redesigns, and enhancements.
- Keep up to date with evolving online media and technology trends, and explore new and effective products or enhancements that will improve site experience and generate revenue and profits.
- Ensure overall financial targets and individual goals are set for all team members; review and management performance.
- 8-10 years of e-commerce experience (in addition to degree or years of previous experience) with expertise in site conversion and working with cross-functional teams such as SEO, Affiliates, Display, and Internet Business Development
- Minimum 8-10 years of combined e-commerce, digital and social marketing experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of team management experience required
- Proven experience interacting with and selling-in to key e-commerce stakeholders/buyers
- Proven experience analyzing and applying online consumer data
- Proven experience with e-commerce, search, display, affiliate, mobile, programmatic, social and email growth channels
- Proven experience in measuring, recapping ROI and replicating best practice conversion tactics
- Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must have the ability to lead and drive sales strategies, techniques, tactics and vision based on current market environments.
- Experience implementing and managing CRM
- Experience with Shopify platform preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work to be performed in both a warehouse and office environment
Exposed to warehouse elements such as noise, dust, odors, and weather.
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Paid Vacation and Sick day
Job Type: Full-time
- Order Fulfillment: 3 years (Preferred)
- Inventory: 3 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)
- E-Commerce: 8 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules