This role is responsible for translating Japanese game text and game related documents into English. Understanding localization processes is essential, and the candidate should have an appreciation for the importance of localization.
- Translate Japanese game text including slang/phraseologies into English.
- Play and understand the games in Japanese and English.
- Write strategy guide articles based on spec. documents and test play.
- Daily interaction with other translators, editors, and coordinators.
- Regular reporting of progress to in-house management.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experienced with role playing video gaming (playing or translating) is required; experience with the Pokémon video game is a plus.
- Experienced with trading card games (playing or translating) is a plus.
- 2-4 years of translation experience from Japanese to English.
- Must be detail-oriented with proven ability to multi-task various projects at the same time.
- Japanese speaking and writing ability at native level is required.
- Experience with Word and Excel is required and ability to learn new tools is required.
- Programming experience (especially VBA) is a plus.
Minimum BA or BS Degree required.
- Must be highly committed to meeting deadlines to get the job done.