Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
GAF Equipment is seeking a dependable individual with extensive experience repairing forklifts. This is a full-time position in Hialeah, FL. Experience in electrics preferred. Knowledge of forklift parts, and lifts equipment is helpful. Position will also require completing service reports and time entry on a laptop computer and or computer screen and perform other job-related duties as assigned. Must have your own hand tools. Special tools provided. Must be a high school graduate. A valid and clean FL driver license will be needed. Company truck provided. Must be able to travel internationally if presented with the opportunity.
At GAF Equipment, we believe that our employees are the key to our success and pride ourselves on treating everyone like a part of the family.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Diagnose and repair equipment, to include liquid propane, gas, and diesel engines, electric motors, transmissions, drive axles, differentials, hydraulic systems, brake systems, steering systems, electrical systems, lifting systems, etc.
2. Rebuild and/or repair all components and systems in industrial material handling and aerial equipment and other related equipment
3. Properly block, chock and chain equipment, and disassemble equipment as needed to facilitate major component removal and repair
4. Perform routine and operational maintenance to ensure that equipment continues to run according to manufacturer’s specifications
5. Perform diagnostic troubleshooting and failure analysis on all components and systems
6. Perform equipment inspections to identify potential problems and safety concerns
7. Perform basic welding as necessary
8. Record maintenance and repair work performed by completing necessary paperwork in a timely manner
9. Complete basic and advanced technical training as assigned
10. Maintain parts and supplies needed for job completion
11. Maintain company vehicle cleanliness and ensure vehicle is in safe operating condition; complete vehicle checklist as required
12. Maintain a culture of safety & participate in all safety meetings
13. Perform other related duties as assigned. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Basic Knowledge & Competencies:
* Excellent customer service skills
* Thorough knowledge of all equipment & operations that apply to the branch
* Excellent mechanical aptitude, technical knowledge and problem-solving skills
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* High school diploma or GED equivalent required
* Mechanical or trade school certificate preferred
* 3+ years’ experience in forklift repair or related industry
* Ability to read precision instruments such as micrometers, dial indicators, bore gauges, etc.
* Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience preferred
* Valid driver’s license required
* Standing, walking, lifting, twisting and bending on a frequent basis
* Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
* Must furnish own tools
* Availability to work 24/7 on-call schedule as needed
* 100% travel to customer sites
GAF Equipment offers Competitive Salary with a full benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Matching 401k, and much more, as well as the opportunity for growth within an expanding local company with worldwide clientele.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $21.00 /hour