Program Assistant, READY Program
Negotiable (based on qualifications) (.75 - 1.0 FTE)
Asian Services In Action (ASIA) is a growing non-profit multi-service agency with two sites
(Akron and Cleveland) serving predominantly low-income, underserved, limited English-
speaking Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) immigrant and refugee populations of all
ages. Our mission is to empower AAPIs in Northeast Ohio to enhance their well-being, build
their communities and to improve their self-sufficiency through culturally and linguistically
relevant information and services.
ASIA is offering a part-time and possible full-time position for a flexible, energetic individual to
work with the READY Program. The READY Program addresses the specific problem /
population of low development of English language proficiency skills for refugee children ages
(infant to five) learning English where English is not their primary language. The READY
Program addresses the challenges confronted by preschool-aged refugee children whose
families and caregivers have limited English proficiency. He or she will work under the
supervision of the READY coordinator and will supervise volunteers.
The duties for the program assistant position is described below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of incentives for attendance of the parent’s community group meeting.
- Provide Home visits, utilizing PAT curriculum lessons to child and parent.
- Coordinate meeting information with interpreters
- Work with the Parent Educator in community outreach activities
- Input data into software provided by funders.
- Identify and attend community cultural events to provide resources and information.
- Keep track of participant and attendance records and provide timely activity reports to
- Maintain and file case notes required for each family/case.
- Implement assessment tools as required.
- Reporting (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, and annually).
- Attend certification trainings related to curriculum (week-long, overnight, out of state
trainings as well as local trainings with OH that can be overnight).
- Attend trainings to maintain certifications.
- Attend monthly office and quarterly meetings.
- Attend meetings with collaborating partners.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The candidate must be qualified as a person eligible to drive children and parents in
ASIA’s van. (Driver’s license with insurance).
- Background check required
- Early childhood, social work, or educational experience preferred
- GED/High school diploma
- Bilingual preferred
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to MaoVue, Chief Operation Officer,
email@example.com. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Asian Services In Action, Inc. promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. ASIA will not
discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, age,
sexual orientation, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless
based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women, minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply.