Design Within Reach is looking for a Help Desk Analyst to join our IT team. In this role, you will provide technical in person, phone and email/case support for the business. You will have solid technical and presentation skills and be adept at prioritization of incidents. Daily work will consist of 80% phone/email support with the remainder working on internal process/knowledge improvement. You will be primarily responsible for the support of 600+ onsite/remote users. This position reports to the IT Help Desk Manager.
What you'll do:
You'll have opportunities to design, achieve and build relationships every day as you...
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner
- Troubleshooting problems with Windows and Mac workstations, email, network, cloud apps and peripheral equipment
- Clearly document customer issue history and issue resolution for call tracking, reporting, and knowledgebase creation using Salesforce and Google Docs
- Develop and maintain knowledge and policies of the environment operating systems, applications, and computer hardware solutions
- Provisions, installs, configures, and maintains end-user desktops, laptops and Apple devices
- Design, test and deploy new computer configurations
- Prioritize and escalate problems as needed to the appropriate IT teams
- Collaborate with other IT teams as needed to determine and resolve issues
- Actively monitor work queues for timely completion of customer requests
- Pre-meeting conference room setup and support of audio / visual equipment as needed
- Develop and present training and educations tools appropriate for various users
- Travel to NYC/CT area store locations to supply on-site support as needed
Does this sound like you?
This might be you if you have the following skills and abilities...
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 3- 5 years corporate experience in technical support
- 2- 3 years minimum experience on system administration
- Familiarity with Google Apps (Gmail, Google Drive, etc)
- Experience with Remote Desktop Services
- Ability to work independently and stay busy handling issues that need resolution without constant direction from manager.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work overtime as needed along with on-call weekend rotations.
- Experience with Google Enterprise Mail
- Experience with Mobile Device Management
- Experience with VoIP Phones
- Experience with Windows Servers
- Experience with Casper Suite/JAMF
- Experience with SalesForce
- Experience with Egnyte cloud storage
As a Help Desk Analyst, you'll be eligible for DWR's comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, parental leave, green transit subsidy and more.
Design Within Reach is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.