Merakey is looking for a Full-time Mental Health Professional to join our Pottsville, PA Team
- Licensed in PA as a psychologist, LPC, MFT or Social Worker
- OR Graduate Degree with 1 FT year experience providing direct MH services with 9 credits in clinical practice in psychology, social work or counseling
- OR Graduate degree with at least 9 credits specific to clinical practice and a clinical or mental health direct service practicum
- Must possess a Valid Driver's license and use of personal automobile.
- This dynamic clinical position includes office based therapy in our Outpatient Program, with a portion of time dedicated to delivering mobile therapy to a small caseload of youth in foster care
- The Mental Health Professional will provide weekly individual therapy to children on their caseload.
- They will meet regularly with the TFC parents to develop strategies for meeting the youth's needs in the home.
- Supervise interventions provided by the TFC parents and assist the Program Coordinator in oversight of the treatment provided in the host home.
- Provide family therapy to the biological family.
- The person in the position is responsible for designing and directing the implementation of a comprehensive plan that provides goals and strategies for ensuring the execution of all placement activities for the designated caseload of up to 12 children placed in the Therapeutic Family Care Program.
- The Mental Health Professional also identifies behavior goals and intervention techniques and recommends non-aversive behavioral change methods.
- The Mental Health Professional will contribute to the service and safety planning, all within the agency and state standards and regulations.
- The Mental Health Professional is responsible for activities described in the Program Description, including clinical leadership of the treatment team, developing and overseeing implementation of the treatment plan, providing support to the host home family, providing individual therapy to the youth, and providing support and guidance to the aftercare family.
- Implementation of treatment strategies and training of Therapeutic Family Care (Host Home) parents on these strategies is conducted in collaboration with the Program Coordinator.
- Mental Health Professional is expected to participate in on-call responsibilities, as shared in a rotation with other direct care staff (Program Managers, Coordinators, and Specialists) within the local site office.
- The Mental Health Professional will also assist the Program Supervisor and TFC Director with marketing strategies, recruitment, training, and approval activities of therapeutic families, and record-keeping activities.
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY'S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIVISION
Merakey offers a continuum of care in behavioral health (includes mental health and addictive diseases), integrating services in both community and site-based settings. These services provide a wide range of recovery focused treatment, services, and supports for children and adults.
Site/Clinic Based Services
- The Center for Hope
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Parents and Children Together (PACT)
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Psychiatric/Socialization Rehabilitation for Hope
- Residential Services for Children and Adults
Community Based Services
For more information on each individual service, please visit:
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) and Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT)
- Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
- Case Management / Recovery Coaching
- Community Health Liaison (CHL)
- Community and School Based Behavioral Health (CSBBH)
- Crisis Intervention
- Substance Use Disorder Services
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Team (DDTT)
- Family Based Mental Health Services
- Therapeutic Family Care
- Foster Care Plus
- Peer Support
- Student Assistance Program (SAP)
- Supported Employment
- Supports for Permanency (SFP)
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Virginia, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Licensed in PA as a psychologist, LPC, MFT or Clinical Social Worker
- OR A Licensed as a social worker or behavioral specialist and have a graduate degree that required a clinical or mental health direct service practicum from an accredited college/university.
- OR A Graduate Degree with 1 FT year experience providing direct MH services with 9 credits in clinical practice in psychology, social work or counseling
- OR A Graduate degree with at least 9 credits specific to clinical practice and a clinical or mental health direct service practicum
- Must possess a valid PA Driver's License and access to reliable transportation.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled