- High School Diploma or GED
- Tube Feeding
- EMT Certification
- Catheter Care
- Acute Care
- Patient Care
What You Will Do:
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse and in accordance with the Nursing Care Plan performs delegated competency validated patient care functions and applies technical skills of a limited uncomplicated nature. Fulfillment of the job duties requires the employee to have access to medication storage areas.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Provides direct patient care which includes bathing, making beds, feeding, oral hygiene, giving shampoos, turning and positioning patients, and the like.
2. Initiates CPR procedures under the direction of a Registered Nurse
3. Identifies, records, and reports overt findings to the Registered Nurse concerning the physical and mental condition of a patient.
4. Assists nurses in assembling equipment and in performing various treatments and tests.
5. Administers and changes routine dressings to stage one and two wounds, surgical incisions, and peripheral IV sites after assessment by a Registered Nurse.
6. Gathers equipment required to, and initiates placement IV for the patient as directed by the registered nurse.
7. Performs venipuncture for drawing blood samples and established IV access.
8. Performs urinary bladder catheterization for temporary or permanent placement and implements catheter care in stable patients as delegated by the registered nurse.
9. Cleans, sterilizes, and appropriately cares for equipment and instruments in accordance with operational procedure.
10. Administers enteral tube feedings via nasogastric or gastrostomy tubes, as supervised by registered nurse.
11. Sets up and operates multiple lead EKG machines; attaches and removes EKG leads; runs a rhythm strip.
12. Performs chest physical therapy, tracheal suctioning, tracheostomy care and incentive spirometry treatments as delegated and supervised by the responsible registered nurse.
13. Performs minor housekeeping tasks to keep patient areas in a clean and sanitary condition; recognizes, reports, or corrects environmental conditions, which may jeopardize patient safety and well being.
14. Performs related and delegated tasks when necessary such as admission and/or discharge assistance, setting up special equipment, taking and relying messages, procuring, equipment, and running errands.
15. Performs standard Quality Checks.
1. Performs Hazmat and Decontamination per hospital policy
2. Off-loading of Incoming Trauma patients
3. Maintains Helipad Safety Policies & Procedures.
4. First Responder to Helipad Emergency & Evacuation
5. First responder with the use of critical thinking skills and Crisis/ Disaster Management
6. Base Station with Syscom emergency management education and training
7. Works in collaboration with and assists with training of Air force personnel –C STARS
8. ECG Interpretation
9. Management of Evidentiary collection pertaining to Crime Scene
10. Assists with Massive Transfusion Event
What You Need to Be Successful:
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
State Nursing Assistant Certification required.
EMT-B required. Hospital Corpsman training may be substituted for the EMT-B requirement.
Minimum of one (1) year of recent, direct patient care experience in an acute care facility, ambulance, or military corpsman required.
Current CPR certification required.
Certified in Point of Care testing (i-STAT) preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.