The Lerner Group at HighTower Advisors is seeking a Financial Planner / Wealth Planner to help our clients achieve their financial goals.
We work with our clients through the three stages of wealth management: accumulation, preservation and distribution. In this process, we aim to achieve our client’s financial goals and ensure they have the most complete understanding of their current financial and estate plan possible. After this review, we make recommendations based on their goals of necessary changes needed to attain their objectives and to protect their wealth and distribute it in the most efficient manner. The goal of the inter-generational financial planning and wealth management process is to preserve our client’s wealth, distribute it according to their wishes and maintain the wealth for generations yet to come.
The Lerner Group represents over 80 years of combined Wealth Management expertise and have a profound understanding of the financial and economic landscape. We focus on your individual goals, guiding you towards prudent, long-term investment strategies that preserve and enhance your wealth.
- Prepare and conduct comprehensive periodic planning reviews in person and / or remotely as part of a Relationship Management Team to review progress against the client’s financial goals.
- Support Relationship Managers and Wealth Strategist by serving as the lead analyst of estate plans, retirement plans, tax planning and insurance needs.
- Educate clients on appropriate financial planning strategies, issues and opportunities recommended as appropriate and suitable. Provides periodic educational updates and training for clients on financial trends that may affect the client’s goals.
- Run and demonstrate advanced planning what if scenarios, e.g. Monte Carlo simulations.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills to translate complex analytical concepts into simple but elegant financial planning solutions that the client can understand and embrace.
- Ability to demonstrate how our signature financial planning experience enhances the value-added services and comprehensive client relationship with the Lerner Group.
- Collect, organize and synthesize personal and financial client data & information.
- Construct financial and retirement projections using advanced planning software.
- Demonstrate strong collaborative skills and be viewed as a contributing team player.
- Demonstrate exceptional listening skills.
- Nurture and enhance strong personal relationships with our clients through deep discovery and understanding of the client’s aspirations and concerns for their wealth.
- Generate a Summary of Understanding for each client in conjunction with the Lerner Group Relationship Managers (RM).
- Acts as a liaison between the ops / admin support team, RM and client.
- Assists in gathering client planning documents, data input, and forms completion, contact notes and client profile updates.
- Schedule timely, proactive client contact to existing and prospective clients in conjunction with the RM Client Standard of Care outreach and plan review schedule
- Generate periodic Planning Needs Analysis (PNA) reports to identify potential planning gaps.
- Maintain and coordinate client Wealth Management Heat Map to identify potential planning gaps and track planning progress at the individual and group level.
- Ability to identify and work within client risk profiles, goals, objectives and generate suitable asset allocation recommendations in conjunction with the clients Relationship Manager (RM).
- Demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills and empathy.
- Possess a clean compliance record and background check.
- Demonstrate exceptional discipline, organization and time management skills.
- Coordinate upcoming Client Meeting Agendas and Next Planning Actions (NPA) with RM / WS.
- Be comfortable seeking growth opportunities and acquiring new clients and expanding services with existing clients consistent with our comprehensive Wealth Management Standard of Care.
- Participate in client meetings and support RM in capturing client profiles and goal aspirations. Develop and deliver follow up planning strategies.
- Establish, monitor and execute proactive client outreach & planning review schedules.
- Continuously monitor our client’s financial situations with detail and accuracy within SalesForce Contact Relationship Management.
- Be prepared to address ad hoc planning questions from clients.
- Research news and developments in the wealth management industry.
- Prepare content for periodic social media distribution and publish periodic blog post content.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant financial services experience required (prefer prior paraplanner designation).
- 4-year college degree required with strong emphasis in finance highly preferred.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation required.
- Experience with advanced planning models and techniques.
- Experience with state of the art planning software platforms such as Money Guide Pro, e-Money, etc.
- Clean compliance record and background check required.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong technical skills and computer literacy.
- Provide creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task projects to ensure plans get done even when tight deadline may occur.
Relationship Managers, Wealth Strategist, Chief Investment Officer, Trust Administrators, Portfolio Manager