The Senior Accountant position is within the Financial Reporting unit of a Single Family Office whose primary focus is property management. The position will report to the Assistant Controller. The position is located in Midtown Manhattan.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Accounting experience (3-5 years)
- Experience in a family office or property management company is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extremely strong technical accounting skills
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail
- Proven ability to work with discretion and confidential information
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Efficient computer skills (especially in excel)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Generate all month, quarter and annual reports using report writer software (Biznet and Manager Reporter) and prepare complimentary reports needed to complete reporting packages.
- Prepare several standalone reports (bi-weekly cash flows, real estate related schedules, charitable foundation, projects)
- Assist with General Ledger maintenance as needed (chart of accounts maintenance, ledger entries, etc).
- Maintain a schedule of investments and ledgers for several trusts and foundations.
- Assist with the Project Module within Dynamics Accounting software used for reporting and cost tracking of a diverse collection of capital improvement and operations projects.
- Assist with the compilation and reporting of annual budgets.
- Assist in preparation of information required for annual tax filings.
- Perform other duties as required.
Job Type: Full-time