Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
$3,750.00 - $4,167.00
Job Posting Number:
Open Until Closed
Number of Openings:
To apply for positions at the Employees Retirement System of Texas, a State of Texas Application and ERS Qualifications Form are required. To access these forms and for more information on how to apply, visit our career page.
Service Desk Services:
Required Minimum Qualifications: Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications: ****
1. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in computer science, management information systems, or a related field; or attainment of a diploma from a two-year technical school with specialization in computer technology. A CCNA certification may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of required college credit. One year of experience over the required minimum may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) or required college credit.
2. One (1) year of experience using end-user computing and network systems in a fulltime support role, including experience analyzing system problems and implementing solutions.
3. Four (4) years’ experience administering Windows 7.
4. Three (3) years’ experience managing Microsoft Office applications.
5. Five (5) years’ experience using ticket tracking software.
Preferred Qualifications: Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
6. Experience with software deployment and patch management tools such as Dell KACE or Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager.
Other Information: Work is performed in an office environment and requires appropriate business attire. Must be able to lift and carry loads weighing up to 35 pounds. Occasionally works in crawl spaces and maintenance areas such as equipment closets and plenum areas. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to Human Resources.
Military Occupational Specialty Codes:
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty Codes listed below along with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please contact Human Resources with questions or for additional information.
25B – Information Technology Specialist
255S – Information Protection Technician (Warrant)
IT – Information Systems Specialist
682X – LDO – Information Professional
275 – Information Systems Technician
26 – Information Resources Management
0631 – Network Administrator
17DX – Network Operations
Additional Military Crosswalk information specific to this posting can be accessed at the State Auditor’s office link below. Compare the Class Number in the ERS job posting to the Class Code on the State Auditor’s Office listing of job descriptions. The Military Crosswalk appears under Occupational Category for each job description. http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx
How to Apply: Submit a State of Texas Application for Employment with an ERS Qualifications Form & other required materials, if any, to the ERS, Human Resources Office by 5 p.m. CST on the closing date. Resumes will be accepted only as supplements to an application. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Fax: (512) 867-3161 Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $3,750.00 to $4,167.00 /month