The Senior Digital Project Manager is expected to understand the client’s organization strategies and work with internal team members to successfully facilitate the development and execution of assigned marketing technology projects to include enterprise website builds. They will also serve as the ongoing connection between the client and R2i and work to foster relationships, help with account growth, achieve profitability and advocate for R2i whenever possible to the client.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be a self-starter and someone who’s used to working in an autonomous style. In addition, technical SME related to enterprise level website builds is required. We’re looking for someone who is able to build strong relationships with our clients as well as all stakeholders - both internal and external. This person can understand and speak to technical concepts while foreseeing challenges and being proactive to mitigate project risks. This position will play a key role in driving the overall development efforts for clients‘ websites as well as oversee all marketing cloud efforts; so you must be able to think strategically about how to meet the client’s overall business objectives from a high-level as well as tactical level.
The Senior Digital Project Manager will lead R2i client engagements for enterprise-level digital production execution projects. You are the face of R2i with clients and are their internal advocate here at R2i. This role requires you to think quickly under pressure, as well as motivate and engage the team to produce the best possible results.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage assigned enterprise-level website and technical development projects or tasks under VP of Technical Project Management
- Prior experience working as a Project Manager within a digital agency environment preferred, specifically as it relates to enterprise website builds
- Proven ability to manage projects to successful completion, multi-task, and work within tight deadlines
- Ensure long-term client relationships
- Attain a very high client satisfaction rating throughout the engagement
- Understand client’s business objectives and serve as single point of contact for assigned web development projects
- Strong business and marketing acumen
- Work with client and team to provide the client’s perspective on their business and organizational challenges as it relates to the project or technical initiatives
- Drive internal and external communication to ensure timely completion of projects while meeting client expectations and schedules
- Educate the client on R2i’s process and methodology and strategic rationale to ensure optimal results and user experience for all deliverables
- Actively lead or participates in all client communications to include status calls, meetings, internal team communication with the client, meeting minutes, etc. – You are the lead point of contact with all communication with the client
- Experience running sprint planning with full development teams
- Experience working in Agile development a plus
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively at all levels and functions
- Meet the project criteria outlined in the project scope of work and execution plans
- Work with team and VP of Technical Project Management on new business development, and create/deliver statements of work to existing clients
- Work with VP of Technical Project Management to recognize change requests and ongoing account growth
- Work with internal team members in the coordination and management of cross-functional teams and resources as needed
- Assist in functional requirements and acceptance testing
- Deliver projects on time and within budget; strong change management skills
- Provide technical support and relevant training for clients
- Some travel required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- web development workflow REQUIRED (some understanding of the Agile methodology preferred)
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Proficiency in MS Project and/or Smartsheet
- Ability to work in a rapidly growing, fast paced and dynamic company
- Familiar with website production process
R2i is an independent, full-service agency creating digital solutions that connect and accelerate customer experiences to drive measurable impact for the clients we serve. Our core capabilities across strategy and insights, marketing technology, experience design, media, and digital marketing are designed to advance customer engagements and deliver measurable results. For over a decade we have worked with mid-market brands to deploy best-in-class marketing technology solutions to support an integrated approach to managing the customer journey. R2i serves high tech, healthcare, industrial/manufacturing, professional services, higher education/non-profit, and consumer clients including Microsoft, Ingram Micro, Pentair, Leidos, American Cancer Society, University of Michigan, and Fiat Chrysler Uconnect. R2i is headquartered in Baltimore, with offices in Seattle, and Silicon Valley.