$23 - 35/hr
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Vacation
- Operates and maintains wastewater treatment, processing, disposal and testing equipment in accordance with company and industry standards and in compliance with the facility’s NPDES permit.
- Operate designated facility equipment and processes under the supervision of the Lead Operator and Operations Supervisor.
- Steadily increase knowledge to eventually be able to safely and competently operate all facility processes and equipment.
- Collects samples and perform process related laboratory tests and analysis.
- Utilize the facility computer based operations management to accurately record permit and process computer data entry.
- Utilize the facility System Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system to monitor processes.
- Perform daily operation rounds, preventative maintenance task and grounds keeping.
- Operate material handling equipment i.e. forklift, dumping hoppers and the facility’s Yard Trailer Tractor.
- Further increase process troubleshooting skills by being involved in diagnosing process problems.
- Record daily events and conditions in the facility log book. Help train new operating staff. Attend all facility safety and job trainings.
- Work in small crew, team environment, sometimes in inclement weather conditions and assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- High School equivalent with the ability read write and comprehend English.
- Must have the ability to perform basic math equations.
- Wastewater Operator Certification preferred (Grade I-III).
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Basic computer skills, i.e. Excel, Word, Access Data Bases.
- Should be familiar with System Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
- Should be able safely operate hand and power tools.
- Willing to learn the safe operation of facility vehicles, including the yard- tractor, used to maneuver large trailers.
- Able to perform process related laboratory analysis, i.e. Total Solids, Total suspended Solids, pH, Dissolved Oxygen, and Volatile Acids/Alkalinity
- Experience with the equipment and various unit process required to successfully operate and maintain an Activated Sludge Process in accordance with company, industry standards and in compliance of the facilities NPDES permit.
Operation/Maintenance / Construction / Transport Construction Utility
Sep 13, 2018, 3:35:47 PM
Education Level A levels / GED / High School Diploma / NCEA level 3 / Leaving Certificate