We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we're known for.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education and Experience:
- Communicates and informs direct leader of issues, status, and results of assigned tasks.
- Identifies legal issues and recommends responsive action, as appropriate.
- Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
- Monitors and tracks COVID-19 related regulations and advises the business as appropriate.
- Responds to all COVID-19 questions from the business.
- Investigates and responds to both COVID and non-COVID government inquiries including, state attorney general letters, municipal inquiries, and OSHA matters.
- Advises on antitrust issues
- Responds to product-related complaints (weights & measures, advertisement, and labeling)
- Tracks regulations and ensures that the business is aware of updates and remains compliant.
- Evaluates and analyzes legal cases then reports findings to direct leader; researches unique legal issues impacting the organization by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, and codes.
- Performs pre-litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights, at the instruction of direct leader.
- Assists in analyzing current company procedures to identify best practices.
- Interacts with various internal and external parties involved in the legal process.
- Assists with preparation and analysis of data to identify exposures and risks.
- Supports strategies for reducing costs and transferring risk.
- Provides proactive analysis of current projects and analytical review of reported results.
- Performs special projects as requested.
- Drafts, reviews, and negotiates agreements.
- Drafts memorandums, attorney correspondence, reports, and other pleadings as requested.
- Conducts legal research and responds to legal inquiries from multiple areas of the business.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Legal Studies or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in a law firm or corporate legal department.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- J.D. required.
- Overall broad legal knowledge of contract law, litigation, and commercial disputes.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Knowledge of and significant experience in handling a broad range of regulatory matters
- Experience handling responses to COVID-related governmental inquiries/reports a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to analyze and present complex data.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
- Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organize work flow, and embrace new challenges.
- Ability to apply creative solutions.
- Skill in reviewing files to determine accuracy and completeness.
- Maintains professional skills through research, continuing education, and training.
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
1100 E WARRENVILLE RD, NAPERVILLE, IL, USA, 60563