Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
M-F Full-Time, Fully-Benefitted MEDICAL FRONT OFFICE COORDINATOR (Scripps/XiMED Medical Center)
Immediate satisfying position just opened for team member with HIGHLY EXPERIENCED FRONT OFFICE MEDICAL OFFICE BACKGROUND to provide essential support to 2 skillful long-term personnel and preeminent SOLO PRACTICE physician, to coordinate clinical care to interesting, bright, adept, compliant patients, in outpatient Rheumatology clinic setting in La Jolla, at Highway 5 and Genesee Ave.
We offer a VERY COMPETITIVE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE AND UNIQUE PERKS including paid medical insurance, bonuses, bi-weekly lunches, etc.
MANDATORY MINIMUM OF TWO YEARS RECENT MEDICAL OFFICE SETTING experience administrative support, INSURANCE PRE-AUTHORIZATION, exhibiting a high level of mature empathetic professionalism, strong patient communication skills, neat and highly professional conservative appearance (scrubs of your choice provided), dependability, flexibility, positive enthusiasm, as well as strong detail-orientation, time management, excellent oral and written communication skills (very accurate grammar/spelling) and problem-solving skills.
***WE CANNOT ACCEPT APPLICANTS WITH NO (OR LIMITED TO ONLY EXTERN) RECENT MEDICAL OFFICE EXPERIENCE, no recent MA graduates, no active college/nursing students please.
If your resume lacks recent consistent medical office experience, please do NOT apply.
CNAs, MA’s (other trained healthcare spectrums) will be considered, as some medical knowledge a must, but physical ”hands on" clinical patient contact (vital signs, phlebotomy) are NOT elements of this position.
- Significant front desk empathetic patient contact in-person and on telephone, understanding and coordinating patient clinical needs and communicating those effectively with physician through direct, email and phone communication, with primary goal of providing consistently exemplary patient care.
- Assertively working with insurance carriers on phone to PRE-AUTHORIZE imaging studies and infusion meds.
- Organizing and maintaining patient records
- Processing physician orders, including accurately calling in prescriptions (knowledge of prescription “sig” codes important).
- Communicating with physician, staff, patients through efficient Apple computer office email, telephone and in-person re: clinical issues.
- Providing daily administrative functions in the form of assisting other staff in scheduling appointments, filing, entering data, copying and faxing documents.
- Proficiency in computer navigation and fast, accurate typing skills.
- Experience with operation of standard office equipment.
- Ability to work in small office congenially with skillful, bright colleagues and multi-task under occasional high pressure.
- Friendly, self-starter, helpful team-player (drama-avoidance) demeanor.
- Life circumstances to allow consistent attendance, dependability, timeliness, transportation, and flexibility in work hour shifts.
Please submit COVER LETTERand RESUME including duration/dates of work history to Clinic Administrator, with "MEDICAL FRONT OFFICE COORDINATOR" in the email Subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 /hour
Required work authorization: