At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard days work. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
Responsible for the day-to-day management of people and processes necessary to support the Operations function. Responsibilities include overseeing payables, freight and expense procurement, maintenance, data management, audit and recovery, data entry and various operations support. May also be involved in the ongoing analysis and planning for operational audits, Sarbanes Oxley audits, acquisition integrations, and any other operational compliance reviews. May provide coordination between Financial, Operational, and Systems reviews for the group to provide economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of total activities.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Facilitates and drives process development, training programs and procedural efficiencies, including the development of processes and the oversight of procedural implementation. Oversee the continual review and refinement of operational processes and procedures. Develop, implement, and monitor Standard Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Identifies and analyzes issues directly impacting operational areas, including pricing, inventory, receiving and freight. Creates metrics from reports to measure operational issues and communicate findings to management. Prepares, analyzes and distributes reports.
- Develops training materials and conducts training on administrative functions. Creates reference manuals, job aids, and web-based training sessions.
- Facilitates cross-functional communication with other areas of the business including but not limited to Finance, Merchandising, Operations, Logistics, HR and IT.
- Leads, plans and coordinates work teams in an efficient manner to effectively perform operational audits of functions and activities. Utilizes metrics to track performance and manage workload. Ensures operational processes and procedures are compliant and consistent with established policies.
- May manage the Six Sigma/Process Excellence initiative.
- May assist with acquisition integrations and system conversions to ensure operational excellence and internal/external compliance.
- Experience analyzing continuous quality improvement needs and opportunities and implementing responsive strategies and procedures.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Medical, Dental and Pharmacy plan eligibility after 60 days
- Access to virtual doctor for common illnesses. Get advice from a doctor without leaving your home!
- Annual health screenings available at no cost to you
- 401k with 50% company match
- Vacation time
- Holiday pay
- Employee preferred provider discounts through PerkSpot.com
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program Big $$$ for referring great employees!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance programs
- Short and Long Term Disability programs
- Health saving options (FSA and HSA)
- Many more benefits available!
Check us out on the web at www.anixter.com for more information.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran