Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? We expect that the selected candidate will work on a diverse array of complex contaminated site projects throughout the Midwest and the U.S. The typical project portfolio includes investigation and remediation projects for sites in state voluntary clean-up programs as well as RCRA and CERCLA sites. Projects also include working with industrial clients on a variety of environmental issues including remediation system design and optimization, compliance reporting and remediation waste management. Additionally, the work may involve litigation support to law firms.
Some of the key responsibilities for the junior environmental engineer or geologist position include:
- Fieldwork such as soil, surface water, air monitoring, and groundwater sampling, drilling and contractor oversight, and remediation treatment system operation and maintenance;
- Contamination assessment services, such as designing and implementing sampling plans, pilot test designs, and bench scale testing programs;
- Contaminated site remedy evaluation, including feasibility studies, remedy design, and remedy implementation;
- Chemical data and contaminant fate & transport evaluation;
- Preparation of soil boring and well construction logs;
- Soil boring logging; monitoring well installation, aquifer testing, and groundwater monitoring;
- Data analysis, including preparing tables, maps, and figures using AutoCAD, GIS, and/or Environmental Visualization Software (EVS) applications, and database management;
- Performing remediation system operation and maintenance services;
- Evaluating chemical and hydrogeological data, including mapping and reporting;
- Conducting remedy evaluation, cost estimating, design, and implementation; and
- Assisting in the development of proposals and other business development activities.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Based on your current level of experience, you’ll likely be asked to take on task-level or project management responsibilities, along with business development, staff management, and mentoring tasks. Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork and overnight travel will be necessary.
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
- BS in earth science (geology, hydrogeology, or geochemistry) or engineering (environmental or civil preferred) and an academic track record entailing research in contaminated media or geologic/hydrogeologic studies. (required)
- Advanced degree in the same. (preferred)
- Entry to five years of work experience. (required)
- Project experience involving environmental field investigations including groundwater and surface water monitoring and drilling. (preferred)
- Ability to obtain professional certification (P.E., P.G. or equivalent). (required)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Experience with ArcView, Microsoft Office Suite, Modflow, and/or EVS. (valuable)
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. The position is ideally suited for a highly motivated, innovative individual with a passion of solving complex problems for our clients. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: JUNIO01507