Progeny has an opening for a Software/Integration Engineer in Manassas, Virginia. The selected candidate will join a highly talented team responsible for developing the state of the art Payload Control System (PCS) for the US Navy Submarine Force. The PCS software team is responsible for the full lifecycle development of the tactical software and runtime environment that is installed.
The PCS Software/Integration team works closely with other teams within the PCS group; including System Engineering, Test and Evaluation, Safety, and the Logistics team. While this position will mostly have regular business hours, some overtime hours and travel may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Install and trouble shoot PCS software deliveries in the lab environment
Run cybersecurity scans on the tactical environment, fix vulnerabilities, and respond to cybersecurity data calls
Create software builds and perform preliminary testing prior to delivering to CWL test team
Provide support to the PCS test team to help test/troubleshoot issues in the tactical environment
Create virtualized test beds in support of development and test/integration
Participate in various technical and program meetings on a weekly basis
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with Linux based systems is required
- Experience with conducting cybersecurity scans and correcting vulnerabilities is highly desired
- Experience maintaining development environments such as configuration management tools, automated software build systems, and bug tracking repositories is highly desired
- Experience with virtualization is a plus
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
3-5 years' experience
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
Physical and Mental Requirements for all positions:
- Prolonged stationary periods at a desk
- General ability to operate computer and other productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer, etc.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 15 pounds at times
- Effectively communicate with others
- Ability to stay focused and provide attention to detail.
- Ability to think analytically and apply problem solving skills to scenarios throughout the course of the workday
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
As a small business, Progeny Systems is a participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Progeny Systems has a proven track record of transitioning numerous SBIR contract awards into full-scale production, and has also successfully competed with large defense corporations. Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)