ABOUT THE JOB
We are currently seeking a full-time residential Construction Project Manager / Superintendent with excellent communication and technical skills to join our team.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to:
Design Seed, Inc
1965 W Montrose Ave
Chicago, IL 60613
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. Also, let us know where you heard about the job posting.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS
Design Seed, Inc is seeking a Construction Project Manager / Superintendent. This position is for managing small to large scale residential renovations, additions and the occasional new construction.
Projects are largely on the North Side of Chicago and within a 20-mile radius with the occasional suburban project. Construction Project Managers handle 3-6 jobs at any given time.
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for the overall, leadership, and technical direction of the project to achieve timely completion of the project. Ideal candidates for this role are those who have previously completed these types of projects and have significant experience in residential construction and renovations.Key responsibilities of the position are:
- Review documents and prepare bid packages
- Gather bids and assemble final construction budget
- Attend budget / client meetings.
- Schedule Sub's and Order Material's as needed
- Manage schedules, including preparation of detailed short-term schedules and ensuring all activities take place on or ahead of scheduled dates.
- Daily coordination of project to ensure all subcontractors are fulfilling their roles to the highest standards and passing of all required inspections. Monitoring of performance to ensure work is done in a on-time or better basis. Setting of aggressive yet realistic standards for time.
- Inspection of Contractor or (Sub) Contract work to ensure compliance with plans.
- Ensure projects are being built according to the scope of work and all associated construction documents
- Conduct quality inspections and walk-through's.
- Prepare and submit Daily and Weekly Reports.
- Attend and participate in project meetings, including subcontractor meetings.
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
Desired Skills and Experience
- Broad understanding of construction processes and entire construction project life-cycle.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering construction projects.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to work and communicate verbally and electronically via email and text
- Strong ability to read drawings and specifications.
- Ability to delegate work appropriately.
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently
- Able to handle customer complaints.
- Able to interact with clients and coworkers on project site.
- Able to be discrete and flexible.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficiency with email and basic computer operation.
- Adheres to security and protection of homes and possessions within them.
- Physically capable of moving and lifting equipment
- Clean driving record.
- Willingness to keep informed of new materials and methods in this trade.
Commensurate with experience
CONTACT TO APPLY
Apply via Email