Magento Developer - Remote position
“Let goodness, fairness and most importantly, love prevail in business; profits will inevitably follow.” – NK Chaudhary, founder
Jaipur living is a socially conscious luxury brand that produces the most beautiful rugs and textiles in the most ethical way. Our founder, NKC, built the business in a very ground-breaking and human way by putting artisans and respect for them at the heart of the business model.
Today, Jaipur Living has become a leading designer, manufacturer, and distributor of rugs across the globe.
Our doorstep entrepreneurship model nurtures more than 40,000 artisans in 700 villages across India. We believe our growth and success are a direct outcome of the care and respect we have -- not only for our artisans, but for our customers, and team members as well.
As a Jaipur Living team member, you are encouraged to collaborate, think independently, and stretch yourself to continuously grow professionally and personally. We are looking for talented individuals with a strong passion for unparalleled quality and creating beautiful lives.
Jaipur Living is looking for a Magento developer to join our growing IT team and help us define the technology vision. This is an excellent opportunity for a mid-level developer to take your career to the next level. We encourage and reward innovation, collaboration, and accountability. This role can be performed anywhere in the US. We prefer someone in the southeast as we anticipate that there will be the need to visit our Acworth location throughout the year.
At this time Jaipur Living is not able to sponsor employment visas. __
What You Will Do:
- Work with multiple teams and stakeholders to plan, implement, test, and deploy new features and enhancements for the enterprise eCommerce web site
- Proactively identify and fix issues/bugs
- Work closely with the Application Developer, Database Administrator, and Systems Engineer to maintain and enhance integration between the web site and existing business systems (ERP, Salesforce, BI tools)
- Work with outside vendors as necessary to deploy upgrades, troubleshoot problems, and optimize web site performance
- Create and maintain useful documentation for technical and non-technical audiences
- Work with the IT Director to develop a process framework for gathering requirements, prioritizing items, providing estimates and communicating
We Are Looking for Someone:
- College degree in a technology field is a must
- Demonstrated mastery in object-oriented software development
- Min. 3 years of full-stack development using Magento eCommerce platform
- Min. 3 years of hands-on experience with PHP and LAMP development stack
- Working knowledge of Redis, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch is highly preferred
- Experience with application deployment in a cloud-hosted PaaS environment (Magento Commerce Cloud)
- Experience with ERP and CRM applications and payment gateways is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication are a must (must clearly articulate concepts and details for different audience types)
- Must be a good collaborator and team player
- Strong time management
- Self-driven and self-motivated
- Ability to take feedback and continuously self-improve
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
What We Do for Our Team Members:
- Give competitive benefits and salaries
- Provide a professional and friendly work environment
- Maintain a modern, sleek facility, which complements our attitudes and desires
- Create opportunities for growth inside the company
- Give access to an on-site basketball court and gym complete with a yoga studio and showers
- Encourage employees to collaborate over an organic community garden
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to take directional cues directly and indirectly.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; workspace is open office environment
Employment at Jaipur is contingent on the completion of a successful criminal background check and a drug screen. Jaipur employees are subject to pre-employment, post-injury, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and random testing for illegal drug usage.
Job Type: Full-time
- Magento 2 platform: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off