Responsible for all accounting functions, grant compliance, contracts, insurance, employee benefit programs, and office systems (software, computer system, office equipment, facility maintenance, etc.) for the organization. The position is responsible for directing all aspects of the fiscal functions of HFHSC in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
Job Conditions: The position is full time (40 hours per week). The position requires regular office hours and some evening and weekend work may be required. Specific work hours for this position will be determined by Executive Director’s approval. This Position reports to the Executive Director and Board Treasurer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned as needed.
The Financial Manager:
* Is responsible for financial reporting which includes cash flow analysis, monthly financial reports and monthly projections as requested by Directors and Board.
* Prepares reports for directors, board & auditors as needed, such as Cost of Builds, Budget Performance Reports, Functional Expense analysis, etc.
* Produces monthly budget vs. actual reports, P& L’s & Balance Sheet.
* Creates projections for future projects and expenses.
* Creates and maintains breakdowns of functional expenses assuring that administrative expenses are kept in-line.
* Creates all integrated spreadsheets necessary for budgeting and tracking.
* Maintains class tracking systems in QBO.
* Creates and maintains all employee files.
* Creates and maintains a contract-tracking system including change orders to provide controls over payments.
* Monitors mortgage statements from bank.
* Maintains banking and credit card relationships.
* Maintains controls on employee credit card access, limits, reporting and documentation.
* Assists with fundraising activities as needed.
* Supports and assists in the implementation of strategic goals and objectives.
* Assists the Executive Director with implementation of policies and objectives set by the board.
* Creates and submits to the Director and Board any policies or procedures requested.
* Assists with development of the affiliate budget, prepares and monitors program & event budgets.
* Prepares records and reports for year-end audit by independent audit firm. Performs pre-audits for all appropriate sources.
* Maintains records for potential future audits of grant funders.
* Prepares bi-weekly payroll.
* Prepares financial reports for grants including government and private sector funds and ensures that all reports are filed in a timely manner.
* Is responsible for benefits administration including insurance, workman’s compensation, file management, activation of coverage, etc.
* Assists in preparation of risk management policies, including policies and procedures for personnel and accounting.
* Assists the Executive Director & Resource Development Director with special projects as needed.
* Monitors all cash receipts and expenses for departments and projects.
* Prepares G/L entries to adjust all accounts as needed.
* Reconciles G/L, subsidiary ledgers and checking accounts on a monthly basis.
* Prepares reports for finance committee and implements policies and procedures requested by the committee.
* Supervise all part-time bookkeepers or volunteer bookkeepers as needed.
* It will be necessary for this position to communicate effectively via various modes of communication (face-to-face, phone, e-mail, fax, etc).
* Other duties as required.
* Experience in employee relations and the ability to communicate with individuals from all socio-economic backgrounds.
* Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
* Proficiency with accounting software is required, QuickBooks Online preferred.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel & Word.
* Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner with vendors, staff, board members, families, and anyone associated with Habitat for Humanity.
* Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and technical skills.
* Ability to maintain confidential information, high ethical standards, positive attitude.
* Able to adapt to and excel in a fast-paced environment.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting Preferred, but not required, Business or a related field is required.
* 3 years of experience in accounting or business related field.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27,000.00 to $32,000.00 /year