Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
Responsible for performing activities related to the design, build, implementation, and support of the assigned IT Applications throughout the Health Quest System. Delivers timely and high quality problem resolution and escalation services. Provides solutions for user questions and requests for information. Works with IT Leadership to recommend plans of action. Develops and maintains policies, procedures to support system changes, and works with associates to optimize utilization of the system.
1. Collaboration with Business Owners:
a. Serves as a liaison between departments and HQIT.
b. Organizes and conducts various meetings with staff including the physician community.
c. Meets with appropriate user department(s) as deemed necessary to review open issues.
d. Responsible for supporting staff by achieving and understanding workflows, requirements, priorities and industry best practices.
e. Works within the IT team to develop solutions that meet end user needs.
f. Assists in assessment of current state processes and develops solutions to meet requirements.
2. System Support – Break Fix/Maintenance:
a. Supports the application throughout all hospital sites, troubleshooting problems, and providing technical expertise.
b. Provides primary support for system break/fix and maintenance including documentation via Infopoint including root cause, troubleshooting activities, testing, priority setting and resolution.
c. Adheres to Change Management Policies.
d. Maintains system documentation relevant to system design, specifications, functionality, process flows, etc. as required.
e. Table Maintenance - updates system tables/files and configuration to ensure compliance with existing / future expectations
f. Resolves issues/problems within stated guidelines.
g. Escalates problems as necessary to IT Leaders and/or vendor
a. Participate in scheduled department meetings to review system enhancements and process improvement opportunities.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field or Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Industrial Technology, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited institution is required or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of four years recent experience in a healthcare setting, with two years of direct experience with documentation systems, preferred.
- An understanding of analytical processes, along with demonstrated proficient computer skills related to spreadsheet use.
- Travel between all Health Quest sites is a requirement of the job.
- Primary on-call rotation for 24x7x365 support of the system is required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and leadership skills are required. Able to “team” effectively with all members of the greater Information System department.
- Substantial demands for visual acuity and sitting.
- Considerable demand for analyzing, perception/comprehension, judgment, complex reading and writing, memorization, and decision-making.
- It is necessary to attend vendor meetings, training and/or User Group Conferences.
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
- Excellent leadership skills including interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Knowledge of Project Management Methodology with certification preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Able to deliver high quality project work as assigned on a daily basis.
- Certification in primary and secondary assigned application systems.
SQL, PHP , mobile