What are we looking for?
Intertek is actively seeking a Special Inspector to join our Building and Construction team in Phoenix, Arizona. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry!
Benefits & Perks:
- Ability to grow with the Company (over 100 locations with opportunity for growth/advancement)
- Day to day variety of work
- Ability to work on both small and large projects
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurances
- 401k with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
How you’ll make an impact at Intertek:
- Performs a variety of testing, project-specific observations, and inspection duties under general supervision.
- Operates testing equipment and conducts testing, (example: Soil, concrete, or other) and provides an assessment of data through reporting
- Works utilizing drawings, specifications, and diagrams
- Uses specific methods to observe site activities and perform tasks
- Reads and Interprets Plans and Specifications
- Maintains and calibrates standard equipment
- Performs complex assignments
- Attends project meetings
- Makes detailed observations and gives the interpretation of results
- Maintains detailed documentation and data from test results
- Operates a calculator to calculate mathematical test results
- Communicates effectively with client and project teams
- Must be aware of, and adhere to, safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 2+ years’ of related inspection experience required
- ICC certifications in Reinforced Concrete and Post Tensioned Concrete required
- Valid driver’s license and reliable driving record is required
- Must have Basic Math, Calculator, and Computer Skills
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal & written communication
- Must be able to read plans and specifications
- Must be able to work off shifts and overtime
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull 30 to 50 pounds frequently. Occasionally, over 50 pounds with assistance
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, (hearing) and to make the discriminations in sound
- Ability to kneel and squat occasionally
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions (hot and cold)
- Ability to climb occasionally
Why work at Intertek?
PSI, an Intertek Company, is a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services. We are ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and are able to provide the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on-site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale. Learn more about Our History and What We Do .
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy .
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek , you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email [email protected] or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification (ATIC) solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Working at Intertek means joining a global network of state-of-the-art facilities and passionate people who deliver superior customer service with a purpose of bringing quality, safety, and sustainability to life.
Location: null, Phoenix, AZ 85003
Location: null, Phoenix, AZ 85003
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Phoenix, AZ: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- What is your minimum salary or hourly rate expectation for this role? (Salary or range is required)
- Construction inspection: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Reinforced Concrete and/or Post Tension/Masonry (ICC) (Required)
Work Location: In person