GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
To support the General Counsel, Special Counsel, and several Associate General Counsels.
- Maintain accurate litigation and arbitration data on a variety of complex Excel spreadsheets and company databases.
- Analyze reports from outside counsel, organizing important litigation dates and litigation budget information.
- Update detailed monthly and quarterly reports for management and clients.
- Assist in-house counsel with task management.
- Interface with claims staff regarding various issues relating to claims in litigation.
- Provide administrative support: copying, filing, scanning, and mailings; maintain settlement library.
- Perform legal research and assist with special projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A strong work ethic
- Detail-oriented, thorough.
- Ability to balance priorities within a fairly unstructured and fast paced work environment.
- Ability to work together with members of the claims and legal departments.
- Flexibility and ability to function well under a project-oriented work schedule.
- BA/BS degree preferred. Experience in a legal department or a law firm preferred but not required.
- Previous office experience.
- Excellent MS Office, especially Excel
Only applicants who complete the Indeed excel test will be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- advanced excel: 1 year (Required)