Tremor Video DSP is the leading programmatic video platform, matching advertisers with audiences—wherever they may be. Delivering custom video experiences across all screens, we help advertisers tell captivating brand stories to create meaningful, personalized moments with prospective customers. Tremor Video DSP is a Taptica Company.
We’re seeking a manager to the Support Engineering team for our real-time buying platform. We’re seeking a highly motivated self-starter with a good mix of interpersonal skills and technical know-how.
You will work closely with internal operations teams and within the Engineering department. You will be guiding a team of three to troubleshoot bidding and ad serving, build out business critical alerts and ad hoc tools, and contribute to continuous improvement of the entire technology platform.
This is NOT a Desktop Support position.
Tools We Like:
What you’ll be doing:
- Ruby, R, SQL, bash, XML
- Charles Proxy, Postman, Qubole, MySQL Workbench or Sequel Pro
- SFTP, AWS S3
- Beeline, aws cli, redis-cli, MongoDB shell are nice-to-haves
- Tableau and Excel
- Manage a team of three that supports cases from Operational and Engineering teams
- Build and maintain tools using scripting languages to diagnose complex problems and lead to quicker resolutions.
- Provide support for internal users and either resolve or triage to the appropriate Tremor resource for resolution.
- Develop SQL queries to support automated and ad-hoc report development.
- Provide consultation and analysis services to non-technical staff.
- Monitor certain ad serving activities and make necessary adjustments.
- Rotate into monthly on-call schedule for weekend and after-hours emergency coverage. You will be on the second level of the Escalation Policy.
- Experience managing a team is a plus but a willingness to learn is even better.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent critical analysis and data reasoning skills.
- Hands-on experience with SQL.
- Scripting languages, i.e. Ruby and UNIX/Linux are essential.
- Experience working with support ticketing systems, like JIRA.
- Familiarity with Tableau, Java, Hive, APIs and strong Excel skills are a plus.
- Exposure to digital advertising industry or video technology is a nice-to-have but not necessary.