Performs a variety of activities as a part time attendant on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad's Excursion Train and depots. May be required to perform these duties while wearing period appropriate railroad related character attire, ie: 19th Century Conductor, Hobo, Brakeman, Marshall, etc.
Examples of Duties
1. Assists in passenger car preparation for the scheduled run, which includes stocking concessions and merchandise on board. Visually checking the train interior for mechanical and structural damage and reporting such to the Supervisor.
2. Assists in passenger boarding and de-boarding, monitors passenger safety while train is running. Maintains order and precautions to prevent damage to train and train equipment.
3. Sells concessions and merchandise. Assists in inventory counts and reconciling all monies collected. May assist with food prep and setup for private charters. Cleans and maintains concession equipment.
4. Sells tickets, concessions, and merchandise at the Stockyards ticket office and/or Grapevine Depot. Assist in inventory control and reconciliation of money collected. Cleans and maintains ticket offices.
5. Cleans passenger cars and restrooms, in between runs, and at end of shift, which includes turning seats and picking up and removing all trash from the train, cleaning concession area and restrooms.
6. Assists at the end of the day's run with securing the train, which includes making sure train doors and gangplanks are shut and locked.
7. Ensures onboard passengers comfort and safety at all times.
8. Ensures all food and beverage items sold on the train are done so in accordance with the local Health Department standards.
9. Ensures a memorable train experience to all passengers by practicing the highest level of customer service.
10. Shares the history of the Cotton Belt Railroad in Grapevine and give detailed history of the Grapevine Vintage Railroad, Locomotives and Victorian coaches. Knowledgeable of the history of Grapevine along with festivals and events, shopping areas, restaurants and attractions.
11. Performs related duties as directed when such duties are a logical and appropriate assignment to the position.
12. Regular and timely attendance are required for this position.
13. Interacts professionally and respectfully with the public, coworkers and others in the course of daily work.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITY
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, count money and make change correctly.
- Ability to use iPad, Square selling software, and ticketing system, credit card machine and perform basic math functions.
- Must have good oral communication skills and be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs. and work inside and outside in all kinds of weather as required.
- Must be available to work flexible schedule including weekends, nights and holidays.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER
Minimum age 17.
Must have or be able to obtain a food handler's certification within 30 days of hire date or promotion and maintain during employment.
Must pass a Federal/National criminal background check and credit check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and the job requirements change.