We are seeking Professional, High Energy Medical Assistants to help us provide excellent quality of care to our patients.
Company description: Aspire Dermatology, with eight conveniently located offices throughout Rhode Island, is a highly professional provider of a full range of dermatology services from skin screenings and cosmetic procedures to Mohs surgery.
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours, Monday -- Friday 8:00 am -- 5:00 pm (or similar hours, must be flexible)
Job Description: Multi-functional role, providing clinical and other administrative duties to ensure excellent quality of care to patients. Duties will include, but are not limited to, medical assisting, verifying patient information; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit utilizing an iPad, Data entry into EMR during patient visits. Preparing patient for exams and procedures, preparing equipment & instruments using proper sterilization techniques, providing education to patients on pre and post-operative care instructions, cleaning and sanitizing rooms, equipment and instruments as needed, maintaining inventory and supplies for clinical areas, answer triage and routine phone calls from patients, pharmacies and referring providers, maintain patient confidentiality and HIPAA compliance. Understanding demographics, insurance verification, prior authorization & referrals, collecting deductibles, co-pays & co-insurance, balancing cash drawer and reconcile end of day; answering phones, confirming insurance information, data entry, scheduling appointments. Entering lab results, calling patients and answering patient calls regarding medications prior authorizations and lab results using EMR software. Must be able to apply skills interchangeably to all areas of medical practice, and be able to work with various computer programs effectively and efficiently, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office, and Firefox/Chrome.
Report to: Office Supervisor
Qualifications: - Graduate of Medical Assisting Program, Medical Assistant Certification (CMA, RMA, CCMA, NCMA) OR: 2 years' experience as a medical assistant
- CPT/ICD 10 coding
- Influenza, COVID19 vaccinations are mandatory
- Strong computer and customer service skills
- 40 WPM. Proficient in spelling and grammar. A typing test will be given.
- Reliable transportation is a must
- Attention to detail and ability to utilize skills interchangeably to all areas of medical practice
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology/Anatomy preferred
- Ability to understand and apply policies, procedures and protocols
- Ability to interact with patients, providers, supervisors and peers in a professional manner
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
Scrubs will be provided.
For more information about our practice, please visit us at www.aspiredermatology.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations