Edward-Elmhurst Health is one of the nation’s 15 Top Health Systems as designated by IBM Watson Health™. Our award-winning health system includes three hospitals — Edward Hospital, Elmhurst Hospital and Linden Oaks Behavioral Health — and an extensive ambulatory care network that provides comprehensive healthcare to residents of the west and southwest suburbs of Chicago. The system has annual revenues of more than $1.5 billion, more than 60 locations across a service area of 1.7 million residents and nearly 8,500 employees.
We are currently looking to fill part-time and full-time Patient Care Technician (PCT) positions at Elmhurst Hospital. The Patient Care Tech, under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) and, according to established procedures, performs patient care tasks and patient care procedures necessary to provide for the care, comfort and safety of patients. Duties include but are not limited to providing personal & hygiene care to patients, assisting and supporting basic procedures and treatments, assisting with admissions/discharge/transfer of patients and supporting other unit requirements such as relaying of messages, transport, and organization of supplies.
Positions are available in a variety of departments including:
Critical Care (ICU)
Full-time positions include three 12-hour shifts per week (either 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am).
Part-time position hours may vary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Education, Experience and/or Skills Required:
- Successful completion of an accredited nursing assistant (CNA) training course or minimum six months of previous patient care experience or equivalent or completion of one nursing clinical rotation.
- Successful completion of Care Companion Course within six months of hire when course is required by the department.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including teamwork, ability to prioritize, ability to receive and follow through on directions.
- Required to attend in depth orientation regarding patient care skill tasks.
- Current CPR/BLS Certification issued by either American Heart Association or American Red Cross
Location: Edward-Elmhurst Health · EMH-EH NURSING SUPPORT
Schedule: Full time, Days, Evenings, Nights, 12 hour shifts