The Technical Materials Business Manager is responsible for executing the sales, customer relationship, and project management strategy consistent with the goals and objectives of the business. The Technical Materials business focuses on antenna mesh, space composite or textile materials, and new braided, knitted or woven materials used in space related applications.
This position serves as the external project manager, working cross-functionally with Secant's Product Development, Operations, Quality, and Marketing, to advance the growth of the Technical Materials business.
- Develops new business and sales opportunities in advancing the growth of the Technical Materials business.
- Manages ongoing business with existing customers, emphasizing revenue growth, customer satisfaction, profitability and project coordination, as well as horizontal growth by leveraging customer relationships into expanded account penetration.
- Proactively manages customer expectations and acts as the point-of-contact for customer contact regarding status, production, delivery and billing inquiries.
- Develops account plans and revenue forecasts for each customer. Executes pipeline valuations and provides timely and accurate pipeline data.
- Partners internally to develop long-term forecasts and budgeting requirements.
- Ensures that all terms and conditions of the customer contract are understood and met.
- Generates customer contact reports and update Sales Force regularly; completes status reports as required.
- Prepares quotations for products and service offerings.
- Supports Marketing in the analysis of business trends including: sales, customer issues, margins, general market conditions and competitive information.
- Maintains current knowledge of new company developments and capabilities to expand product/ service offerings to customers.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably with a concentration in Science or Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience in a business development or process/project related engineering role, preferably dealing with new technology.
- Experience working with polymeric material or custom coating preferred.
- Ability to travel to customer locations, trade shows and conferences, > 40%.
This position includes a compensation package that includes a base salary plus incentive based on company performance. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, medical with Rx, life insurance and 401(k). Secant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Secant Group participates in E-Verify as appropriate in accordance with Company guidelines and federal or state law.
The Secant Group utilizes pre-employment drug testing, background checks and criminal history checks in a manner consistent with all federal, state and local regulations.
Job Type: Full-time