Full Job Description
Mercer has an exciting opportunity available and is recruiting for a solid and experienced Senior Health & Benefits (H&B) Consultant.
What can you expect?
The Senior Health Consultant will work collaboratively to lead consulting engagements with 500+ life employers regarding their medical, dental, life and disability benefit plans and programs and negotiate with benefits carriers and vendors to secure health and welfare plan coverage for these employers. The senior consultant will develop client strategies, interfacing directly with clients and developing vendor relationship
What’s in it for you?
We are the global leader in the health and benefits. We deliver innovative solutions that address the health and wellness needs of our clients and their employees.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- On day one you'll be eligible for medical, dental, and vision care benefits, we also offer employee discounts and other special benefits that are too many to name!
- This position also accrues 25 vacation days plus 10 sick days annually
- In addition, Mercer has other benefits such as deals on auto and pet insurance, discounts on products and services, and more
- Participates or leads routine client engagements, including managing overall service delivery, strategy, financial evaluations, plan design, renewal, business placement, benchmarking and other projects associated with underwriting health and welfare insurance, brokering contracts or projecting health care related costs.
- Lead developing cost projections and evaluation of vendor renewal workups
- Provide high level financial, contract and/or administrative analysis and review of the work of junior staff.
- Perform data analysis (example includes but is not limited to review claims and utilization data and look for trends and patterns); may involve use of the Mercer's internal financial tools to develop self-funded claims projections, set rates and model employee cost-sharing scenarios
- Review internal compliance and client disclosure requirements, external vendor contracts, summary plan documents (SPD's) and employee communications to ensure alignment with client expectations and legal requirements
- Handles day-to-day client contact/management to resolve project-related questions and challenges, and guide junior staff members in client interactions.
What qualifications are necessary to have for the role?
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years’ experience in identifying, designing, recommending and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients' complex health care benefits challenges
- Renowned expertise and industry reputation in the health & benefits field
What makes you ideal for the role -
- Enthusiastic, innovative sales and marketing skills plus the ability to market organizational strengths successfully
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills, strategic planning, communication, and listening skills
- Self-starter with the ability to collaborate and lead teams to deliver project objectives
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.