- Lean Manufacturing
- Supply Chain Experience
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
We are currently seeking a General Manager of Operations to join our team.
About the role:
- The General Manager of Operations will be fully responsible for the general operations of the San Jose, CA plant by providing operating control and management to all activities across manufacturing (machine shop), assembly, planning and quality systems.
- The right candidate will also be accountable for the provision of these activities in complete and timely accord with schedules, budget, quality standards and control imposed by the management and customer requirements.
What you’ll do:
- Required to work directly with the CEO/COO/CFO to set the strategic direction and operational implementation of our existing and new growth initiatives.
- Develop deep understanding of our products and services to drive company objectives.
- Responsible for the overall planning, manufacturing, assembly, quality and on-time delivery our products. Ensure resource optimization.
- Define clearly the roles and responsibilities of each position in the shop, assembly, planning and quality departments.
- Responsible to assign metrics to and establish scorecards on respective departments tied to controls, productivity improvement, and minimization of OT and product quality.
- Implement company’s Human Resource Review (HRR) process.
- Significantly increase factory throughput and productivity efficiencies while minimizing overtime.
- Manage team schedules including vacation requests and personal time requests with little to no impact to production schedules and on-time delivery.
- Implement a new hire program.
- Implement a cross-training employee skills and development program.
- Work closely with engineering team to improve existing products and related manufacturing procedures as well as prototypes and manufacture/launch new products.
- Work closely with sourcing/purchasing department to qualify and manager sourced components/suppliers.
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales to flex, as much as possible, to meet customer expectations and schedule demands.
- Act as company-wide example and leader by creating a support bridge between our commercial activities and the internal engineering, quality and manufacturing departments.
- Review and maintain control of budgetary requirements, schedules and commitments, to ensure effective operations.
- Implement cost and production-lead-time (throughput) reduction and benchmarking proposals according to customer and the company’s targets.
- Support and maintain Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity in business dealings with colleagues, customers,and organizations wherever the company operates.
- Enhancing the usage of our sales information systems and utilize our ERP system for planning, manufacturing, and delivery performance.
- Usage of our Quality System for planning, manufacturing and quality performance.
- Provide strategic planning input to CEO, COO and CFO acting as operations subject matter expert for our team.
- Work closely with the COO/CFO/CEO on all business matters some of which may fall outside of the primary scope of the role. Act as advisor to CEO/CFO. Lead as a key member of company’s Leadership Team.
- Support company in organic growth initiatives by providing subject matter and integration support of company’s acquisition initiatives.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Engineering, Manufacturing or related subject.
- Minimum of 15 years operations experience within the contract manufacturing industry for electronics, consumer products and more.
- Minimum 10 years-experience as manufacturing and/or assembly shop manager. Particular focus and experience with assembly operations strongly preferred.
- Excellent project management skills able to manage multiple priorities.
- Proven experience in supply chain operations and understanding of related dynamics.
- Strong and proven ability in managing and coordinating with employees at all levels.
- Lean Manufacturing and process improvement experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies is strongly preferred.
- Result-oriented,self-motivated professional with strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas and findings to senior/executive management.
- A leader with high level of interpersonal skills.
- Proven manager who can mentor and develop a team.
- Ability to develop relationships and work cross functionally with other departments/teams within our company is a must.
- Ability to envision the strategic picture, while developing the processes and executing the tactics to help drive initiatives.
- Technical knowledge and experience within the remote viewing markets, preferred.
- Open to flexible, sometimes demanding working hours and occasional travel.
Job Type: Full-time
- contract manufacturing: 10 years (Preferred)
- business development: 3 years (Preferred)
- management: 5 years (Preferred)