- Install, maintain, and repair all plant mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and other systems relating to the manufacturing process.
- Install, maintain and repair all mechanical equipment, read blueprints, and troubleshoot equipment and systems.
- Monitor and maintain equipment to ensure efficient operations.
- Ability to fabricate, repair and/or assemble from simple to complex drawings.
- Ability to operate a lift truck.
Equipment used to perform position: small hand tools, power tools, shop equipment, welding equipment, lifting/hoisting equipment and lift trucks
Overview of skills/expertise to perform position: good mechanical aptitude, ability to read/interpret blueprints, ability to weld/burn, capability to work in awkward or confined spaces, ability to diagnose/troubleshoot mechanical difficulties, must possess fabrication skills. Housekeeping is also a part of this position.
- Previous experience with pneumatic systems is essential including pneumatic control valves
- Previous experience with hydraulic systems is a plus
- Past experience and ability to weld (stick, wire, etc) are a must
- Fabrication ability is highly desired
- Past experience with and ability to torch burn are a must
- Must be willing to support plant on the second shift (3-11) including extended hours and on-call rotation, when needed.
- Machine alignment skills essential
- Thorough experience with mechanical power transmission (bearings, pulleys, chain drives, gear boxes, etc) is a must
- Knowledge of aggregate systems (bucket elevators, calciners, grinding mills, etc) a plus
- Must be autonomous and be able to work with a minimum amount of supervision
- Support plant reliability/preventive maintenance program
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $33.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Employees are required to wear a mask when social distance can not be maintain.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Facilities maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location