- Do you have a keen eye for graphic design?
- Were you built for a fast-paced work environment?
- Are you a creative, conceptual thinker who excels in web design and print media?
- This position may be just for you!
We are the American Retirement Association, an association with a rich diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and ideas, and we are looking for a Graphic Designer to join our team. Based in Arlington, Virginia, we enjoy a fresh, energetic working environment near the Ballston Metro Station. We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package (including health, dental, and disability insurance, two retirement plans – a 401(k) plan and a pension plan, and a robust paid time off program), a supportive environment, and the opportunity to be a part of a growing professional team in an exciting field.
The graphic designer will be a creative and conceptual thinker who designs and produces compelling creative collateral for digital and print media that convey messages in an effective and aesthetically pleasing manner. The graphic designer will excel in both web design and print, and will develop association collateral and promotional materials, including but not limited to advertising, displays, logos, presentations, brochures, signage and website graphics.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Design and produce compelling creative collateral for digital and print media that convey messages in an effective and aesthetically pleasing manner;
- Ensure that layout and design are aligned with brand and production standards, follow best practices, and are delivered on time and budget. Ensure type size and style enhance readability of text and image;
- Produce drafts for review by Art Director and/or clients and make revisions based on the feedback received. Review final productions for errors and ensure that final versions reflect client specifications;
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, photographers, illustrators, other designers, and staff;
- Maintain technical knowledge in graphic design and emerging trends.
Ideal candidates will have:
- 5+ years of visual design, digital content creation and curation experience.
- information architecture and video production experience is preferred;
- bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent with a communications or media strategy focus is preferred;
- knowledge of Adobe Premiere and/or Adobe After Effects a plus.
- in-depth knowledge of graphic design principles and practices;
- superior interpersonal and communication skills, and professional demeanor;
- ability to analyze problems, develop a problem-solving path and manage the process to completion;
- capacity to make decisions, and communicate those decisions with tact and professionalism;
- strong multitasking skills and ability to maintain multiple, often conflicting, priorities;
- effective project management, planning and organization skills; and
- ability to work autonomously with initiative.
Our Benefits Include:
- Health and dental insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Pension plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off (18 days of PTO earned per calendar year)
- 10 paid holidays
- Two Hour Personal Allotment (the association provides two hours of allotted personal time per calendar month to each employee)
- Parental Leave, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty Leave, Military Leave
Got what it takes? If you seek to join a dynamic, non-profit association with a great working environment rush your resume, cover letter, salary requirements (avoiding the term "negotiable") and portfolio by using the application tool on this site. No phone inquiries. We look forward to hearing from you!
The American Retirement Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
During the pandemic, employees are working from home, but will be expected to work from our office once our office is reopened.
- During the pandemic, our employees are working from home. Is this something you are willing and able to do?
- Once the Association's leaders feel it is safe to reopen, this role will work at our office located at: 4401 N Fairfax Dr. Ste 600, Arlington, VA 22203. Are you able and willing to commute to our office each day?
- Avoiding the word "negotiable," please include a salary range you would consider for this role.
- Please include a link to your portfolio here:
- Graphic Design: 4 years (Required)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 3 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19